Enhances attorney effectiveness by providing information-management support.
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering.
- Communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
Skills and Qualifications:
Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Supply Management, Telephone Skills, Office Experience - General, PC Proficiency, Verbal Communication, Internal Communications, Dependability, Professionalism, all other skill necessary to fulfill the above Job Duties.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Salary: $8.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Secretarial: 1 year (Required)
- Legal Drafting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules