Welcome to Cottonwood! Cottonwood Community Alternatives, Inc. is a private, non-profit agency established to provide a broad spectrum of services to Colorado citizens with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
A Direct Support Professional provides individualized support to assist a person to live, work, and recreate in their community as independently as possible.
- Part-Time - Hours flexible - 8 - 10 hours per week - $15/hr
Responsibilities / Essential Functions -
- Provide direct care and supervision to a person with intellectual and developmental disabilities in her personal home.
- Assist individuals in completing her daily routine such as hygiene, household cleaning, and meal preparation.
- Plan and carry out a variety of recreational activities to advance social development (museums, parks, dances, recreation center, etc.).
- Provide transportation to individual as needed.
- Assist with medical care as needed (medical appointments, medication administration).
- Implement and document individual goals and medical tracking electronically.
Job Qualifications -
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with adults with developmental & intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Mature & dependable individual; minimum age of 21.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Reliable Vehicle that can be used during shift with Proof of Auto Insurance.
- Good Driving Record - No suspensions & less than three tickets in three years.
- Ability to complete work tasks with limited supervision.
- Must meet background and reference requirements.
- Computer/smart phone skills sufficient to complete required documentation.
Pay & Benefits - Why it is great to work here!
- Flexible schedule - Great Work Life Balance!
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Positive and Supportive Work Environment
- Generous paid holiday pay
If interested, please respond by sending a COVER LETTER and RESUME. Hiring Immediately!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative