The Plastic Injection Molding Process Technician is responsible for all aspects of the molding process. The Process Technician assists and supervises all first shift operations to meet the production schedule.
- Start-up injection molding machines and equipment at start of shift; ensure jobs are running at steady-state within appropriate cycle times and meeting quality standard before turning over to Operators
- Perform job changeovers (teardown previous and set up next job) according to standard work procedures and changeover checklists
- Manage raw material inventory; prepare materials for processing by blending, mixing, and/or drying according to establish, documented standard parameters
- Ensure all product meets quality specifications during in-process inspections according to product-specific Quality Assurance Plan (QAP
Working knowledge of injection mold tooling, thermoplastic resins, and hydraulic plastic injection molding presses is required.
- Ability to install and set up molds is required. Must be able to input correct process parameters and set process settings correctly using controls.
- Must be able to read measuring devices; Vernier calipers, micrometers, Go/No-go gages.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints is strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of IQMS ERP software is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Process Technician: 2 years