Across International is a leading science-based company that manufactures laboratory equipment for use in material processing, heat treatment, and R&D. We are a rapidly growing company with an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in the quality control and repair of scientific equipment. This is an immediate, full-time position that offers excellent salary, healthcare benefits, and a great working environment. Join our team of highly motivated, professional individuals and start your career on the right track!
The responsibilities of a successful technician shall include (but are not limited to):
- Perform quality control inspections on all equipment prior to shipping.
- Repair or replace any parts that do not work correctly.
- Inspect exterior of machines for cosmetic damage and touch-up if possible.
- Complete all required paperwork that goes with each inspection.
- Make customizations to machines, based on order specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair machines that return as RMAs.
- Provides status updates on RMAs and reports to supervisor with results.
- Assists the shipping department with crating and uncrating units.
- Performs machine shop work and testing of prototype designs.
- Travel to complete field service work as needed. Travel is approximately 10%.
- Perform sample testing for potential customers.
- Enforce and comply with all company policies and procedures.
A high school diploma or GED is required. Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated aptitude for troubleshooting and diagnosing technical problems.
- Good written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently within defined processes and procedures.
- Experienced and able to use hand tools and small power tools and drill press.
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings (electrical/mechanical), datasheets, and written work instructions.
- Product and industry knowledge pertaining to material processing, heat treatment, and vacuum products is preferred but not mandatory.
- Heavy lifting may be required for this job, not to exceed 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Technician: 1 year (Preferred)