We are seeking to fill the position of Vice President, Operations & Technology at Mastercard, based in O’Fallon, MO. The Vice President, Finance Business Partner, will report to the CFO, Operations & Technology. This individual will play a leading role in partnering with four business units and will also be responsible for the implementation and ongoing operations of an Analytics COE to support all of Operations & Technology. The Vice President will manage a team of ~10 Finance professionals.
Operations & Technology is a global business at the center of technology that drives Mastercard’s exciting and fast growing payment industry, with operations in Europe, India, China and the United States.
As a key member of the Operations & Technology Finance Team, provide financial and strategic support to the business, including:
- Provide business partner support to four business units in Operations & Technology, including senior management, operations, database management and customer care teams
- Lead the development of long-range strategic plans for the business including capital resource allocation and facilities planning
- Evaluate business proposals and major capital investments with financial rigor and a value-creation philosophy, and ensure key initiatives fully support the company’s strategy & financial goals.
- Partner with senior management and Procurement to identify and execute major productivity initiatives and sourcing efficiencies
- Champion internal and external benchmarking to identify best practices that drive margin expansion
- Support operationalization and enhancement of standard driver costing methodology and financial systems
- Establish and operationalize Analytics COE that would provide data insights and key business metrics from across Operations & Technology
- Provide analysis to enhance decision-making where needed (examples – Tech Hub staffing optimization, component / platform rationalization, capacity planning, labor efficiency metrics).
- Define, communicate and track key performance indicators and monitor the ongoing competitiveness and profitability of the business
- Drive process improvement initiatives related to budgeting, forecasting and other key areas to achieve efficiencies and improvements in financial processes
- Lead ad hoc strategic studies and business cases as required on new technologies to include Cloud, on-soil technology solutions
- Ensure strong financial controls, strengthen controllership oversight
All About You
- Master’s Degree preferred in Finance, Economics, Business or related field
- Advanced level of finance experience within an IT technology operations, manufacturing and/or supply chain operations environment
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills; ability to communicate with senior management
- Track record building internal and external business partnerships
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Team player, proactive and able to deliver within agreed deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to drive process improvement initiatives
- Strong organizational skills and sense of prioritization
- Strong analytical skills with an eye on details, coupled with the ability to have a helicopter view and big picture strategic perspective
- Experience in managing a diverse, multifunctional, global Finance organization, including coaching and developing Finance professionals
- Good working knowledge of general accounting and internal controls
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, Oracle, Apptio, Agile IT methodology and Hyperion knowledge is a plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.