HCS BUSINESS ANALYTICS SPECIALIST - UNCFP ANALYTIC REPORTING TEAM-OTH01MKH
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
The Business Analytics Specialist provides financial and operational analyses to hospital revenue cycle leaders and operational teams to enhance organizational decision-making. The primary purpose is to provide data driven insights and actionable information to drive improvement, efficiency and best practices in hospital revenue cycle.
1. Builds strong consultative relationships, establishing value as a key business partner for information and a data insights advisor to the Business. Translates customer data questions and requirements into actionable analytic score cards, dashboards, reports in support of financial and revenue cycle improvement projects and initiatives. Leads the development of effective key performance indicators, management dashboards and balanced scorecards that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making.
2. Provides data models that generate operational and strategic insights to inform short- and long-term business objectives. Participates in development of data variables and data dictionaries, using data dictionaries to obtain relevant data elements and build reporting logic to solve complex business problems.
3. Functions as a liaison between project stakeholders and Information Services Division (ISD). Synthesizes information from a variety of internal and external sources to support actionable business decisions. Ensures the highest level of data integrity and security across UNC Health Care's business intelligence portfolio. Supports information requests from inception to delivery including defending results and recommendations.
4. Demonstrates efficient project management to clearly define projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working teams. Drafts reporting requirements and engages ISD development partners to implement solutions as needed. Ensures ad-hoc reporting requests are captured, prioritized and where possible create standardized dynamic reports to meet ad hoc reporting needs. Simplifies reporting delivery and usage wherever possible. Ensures consistent output formatting across all reporting solutions. Collaborates with Business Analyst on training and education of end users and team members on self-service reporting tools, including preparation of instructional materials such as PowerPoint presentations, procedure documents and data dictionaries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience managing multiple and competing tasks and priorities with delivery deadlines in fast paced, complex environment. Great attention to detail and accuracy. Must maintain excellent communications with customers with regard to data, information requests and status.
- Proven experience distilling, breaking down and communicating complex data and information into insights that drive decisive action for non-technical audiences. Thoroughly understands data warehouse elements relevant to assigned projects, able to identify data integrity issues in reports using complex data analysis.
This job profile is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this profile.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline. Three (3) years of experience performing analytics.
Preferred candidate will have:
- Master’s degree a plus (MBA, MPH, MHA, mathematics, analytics, informatics).
- Three years of experience using Business Intelligence tools to analyze large data sets, preferably healthcare or financial data.
- Experience building dashboards and reports with visual analytics using Tableau, MS Power BI / PowerView, Microstrategy or Business Objects to interpret and tell the story of the data.
- Expertise at using and augmenting data models to merge multiple data sources.
- Epic Clarity Data Model Certification or Proficiency in Resolute Hospital Billing and Resolute Professional Billing a plus or proficiency exams must be passed within the onboarding training period.
United States-North Carolina-Chapel Hill
P-3100-UNCFP ANALYTIC REPORTING TEAM