This role plays an important part in our company's product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before, during and after product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Work – Are you someone who has ideas and will stop at nothing until those ideas are made a reality?
- Fight – Domo looks for individuals who can drive their own ideas forward and who can also support the initiatives within their team.
- Innovate – Are you someone that can't stand the status-quo? Do you improve upon the ideas of others?
- Create – Like to build? Do you have a creative drive? Domo has a culture that embraces creativity.
- Serve – We're all about the customer. We expect you to be relentless in your defense of the customer experience. We'll do the same.
- Review requirements, specifications and design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Actively taking part in the design and review process to help achieve the best quality from the start.
- 6+ years of QA or Software Testing experience.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in modern engineering practices (Continuous Integration, TDD, automated deployments with integrated quality gates).
- Experience with designing, architecting, and implementing a test automation framework or setting upload, performance, and benchmark testing frameworks.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms like Windows Azure Platform, Amazon AWS, Google Apps.
- Experience with XML.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance principles, methods, tools, and processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with database administration, maintenance of SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 or MySQL and a good knowledge of SQL queries.
- Good application knowledge and user awareness.
- Ability to accurately estimate task durations and meet schedules.
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Able to maintain professional working relationships.
- Self-motivated with good decision-making abilities.
- Superior and proven attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround.
- Experience with Windows servers, Linux (Red Hat AS/ES), and Mac OS/X environments in a QA environment.
- Experience with Web browsers and Internet technologies in a QA environment.
- Experience in automated test script creation and experience with load, performance, and benchmark testing.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.