Motivated to grow with a stable organization? Cincinnati Fan is a leading manufacturer of industrial fans for OEMs and industrial applications. Superior products, excellent service, and on-time delivery have been the core belief of Cincinnati Fan since its founding in 1956. Our unique manufacturing systems allow us to quickly and affordably customize. We have over 170 sales engineers in 56 offices throughout the United States and Canada providing knowledgeable, experienced and local support.
Our new hires enjoy a variety of benefits including professional development opportunities, competitive compensation, and opportunities for career advancement. We are rapidly growing organically and through acquisitions, as part of SPX Corporation (SPXC). With its people-centric culture, SPX prides itself on attracting top talent to the industry.
The primary responsibility of this position is manage for improvement and compliance the QMS management system and to ensure the quality of processes and products produced at the Mason Plant. Tasks of this position include the preparation of documents, the maintenance of databases, and the use of the quality reporting system for document control, audits, and corrective and preventive action. Additional responsibilities the incumbent holds are development and maintenance of inspection procedures and processes, inspection of parts and products, and the auditing of production functions and processes.
The incumbent is also responsible for reviewing and resolving customer complaints and working with engineering, purchasing, and outside vendors/suppliers to resolve issues with nonconforming parts. The successful incumbent will consistently meet or exceed all goals on time and show an ability to negotiate through tough situations between customers or vendors/suppliers and SPX. Also, the successful incumbent will demonstrate the integrity needed to honestly address problems and act as the customers’ and/or vendors’ advocate when SPX systems failures have caused problems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supervises subordinates who develop policies, procedures and methods to evaluate and improve the quality of products, materials, components and/or operations
- Develops, assures and maintains the quality of products and processes, including standard procedures (e.g., ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000 family of standards), quality audits/review, Taguchi methods, process reengineering, etc.
- Responsibilities are within the Quality Assurance Methods Function as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines
- Improve and maintain the QMS.
- Monitor and control non-conformance, customer returns, and debit activity
- Develop and issue reports on quality measurements, such as scrap or customer complaints(RMA’s)
- Communicate with customer(s) regarding certification and inspection requirements
- Manage inspection and testing personnel
- Investigate(root cause) and communicate findings on customer complaints
- Audit the QMS to ensure compliance with process requirements
- Determine root causes through problem solving and issue Corrective and Preventive Action
- Coordinate the maintenance of the calibration system at the Plant
- Provide support on vendor rating and on the control of vendor products
- Audit vendors to ensure compliance to our requirements
- Lead training efforts on problem solving including PDCA and 5 Why’s
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technical, or a Quality related field
- 5-7+ years experience
- Audit experience is helpful
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Visio, Information Mapping, and Gagetrak is helpful
- Qualified ISO 9000 Auditor or Lead Auditor (required)
- Certified AWS Welding Inspector or Quality Certification is helpful
- Six Sigma certification is helpful
Thank you for your interest in our company.