Would you be interested in picking up some supplemental work inspecting damaged HVAC systems?
HVAC Investigators is looking for reliable, honest and experienced technicians in the Chicago and surrounding areas to join our nationwide network conducting HVAC inspections for insurance claims. It's a great way to pick up some side work as it's not a full time job and these inspections are scheduled around you! We contact you when we receive claims in your area to obtain availability and schedule accordingly. We are looking for dedicated technicians that are very thorough, organized and willing to travel throughout the Chicago area. We currently don't have enough coverage for the workload.
What do we do?
Every day, hundreds of insurance claims are filed for both residential and commercial HVAC equipment. The problem that the insurance companies are running into is this: the stated type of damage that is being filed is not actually the legitimate cause of damage, which leaves them paying far beyond what is required. For example, someone with a 15 year old unit files a claim with their insurance company for lightning damage when, in reality, their system is old and has failed due to wear and tear OR their local contractor has given them a quote to replace their entire system when actually all that is needed is a $200 part.
HVAC Investigators (HVACi) provides a very valuable service for insurance companies nationwide to find out the facts and, in turn, save them money. We investigate these claims to provide the insurance company with a non-biased, objective diagnosis of the cause of damage and a recommendation that will bring the unit back to pre-loss condition. When the claim is settled, the homeowner’s unit should be restored to the condition that it was in before the damage occurred - NOT the day they bought it!
What does it mean to be an HVACi Technician?
We have over 800 technicians nationwide that do independent contract work for our company. We're not looking for someone to commit to 40 hours a week - this is supplemental work that can be scheduled to fit your availability! Our scheduling department will be working with you to coordinate a time that works for both you and the homeowner. We ask that you take photos, document all readings, and be very thorough in your inspection so that we can deliver A+ reports to our insurance carriers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and willing to travel throughout your local area
- Effective communication (returns phone calls in a timely manner, checks in and out with our office, doesn't miss an appt without calling the office)
- Uses a Megohmmeter (preferred)
- Organized and can follow/read instructions
- EPA Type II or Universal
- General Liability Insurance Coverage
- Minimum 5 Years Experience
- Pass a Background Check
- No cost to join, supplemental contract work
- Scheduled at your discretion (you decide whether to accept or not and how far you'd like to travel)
- Great opportunity in the HVAC field to be part of an elite technician network
- Enhances knowledge and technical skills
- Training seminars and coaching available to teach correct and effective troubleshooting techniques
- Quick payment (typically by direct deposit within a couple days)
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
This Company Describes Its Culture as: