- Social Listening
Director of Marketing
Based in Needham, MA, Clio is a leading supplier of personal care, beauty care and cosmetic appliances and accessories to major resellers and retailers all over the world. We are currently seeking a Director of Marketing to head up all of our traditional marketing efforts – helping to grow and expand our current brands and range as well as developing and launching new brands and products as the company continues to grow.
Our ideal candidate comes to us with relevant consumer product marketing experience – specifically within a smaller- or growing-company environment where they’ve been exposed to many (or all) aspects of consumer and B2B marketing and they have an understanding of how a smaller but growing company operates.
In this position you will head up all traditional marketing, digital and PR efforts – as well as playing a major roll both in product development and sales support. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be a part of a small (but growing and successful) team – bringing exciting products to retailers ranging from Walmart to Sephora.
Below are some of the typical functions our Director of Marketing would manage:
- Traditional advertising (e.g. consumer and B2B print)
- Digital/online advertising
- PR (managing our agencies and being the point-person for media events)
- Trade show and events
- Product development
- Playing an integral roll in the current development of new items (year-to-year pipeline)
- Partnering with the Product Development team in the development of a 3 year innovation strategy and 18 month detailed calendar including innovative and trendsetting market strategies, promotional programs, and product concepts
- Engaging with consumers
- Determining new product opportunities based on findings from consumer insights, social listening, CRM data and transposition from other industries
- Determining best creative, features, performance, retails etc. from engaging with (through surveys) typical consumer groups
- Lead execution of product marketing strategy including product architecture, product launch process and go-to-market strategy
- Manage end-to-end launch process, from product selection to go-to-market strategies focused on the consumer journey to include mobile first, social first, and video first mindset
- Lead execution of launch strategies within designated budget and COG targets (and report on ultimate effectiveness/ROI)
- Drive development of creative briefs for all programs and launches
- Supervise claims testing of insight-based consumer concepts with external partners
- Compile analysis and deliver quarterly reports to team – as well as managing ad hoc reports as needed
- Packaging (leading the creative effort for all packaging developed and designed in-house)
- Managing social media efforts
- Assisting in the development of marketing materials to support sales
- Managing our small but growing marketing/creative team
- Brand management (Clio currently has several of our own brands – as well as a sizable OEM/PL business)
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of consumer product marketing experience
- An understanding of or personal interest in the beauty and personal care space
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (and a capability to be client-facing)
- A strong, upbeat and passionate personality
- A trend-hunting, forward-looking, disruptive mindset
Visit www.cliocorporate.com to learn more about the company. Please apply through Indeed only and do not contact the Company directly regarding this position. Please no recruiters or head-hunters.
Clio is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)