Cancer Care Associates of York is seeking a compassionate, self-motived Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join the practice.
We are a well-established, private community practice with 40 years of stability in York, PA. We specialize in helping local oncology and hematology patients. We have quality support staff and a well-equipped, recently remodeled 18,000 sq. ft. office with 33 chemo infusion chairs. With 8 physicians and 3 advanced practitioners, we serve a high quality 500+ bed hospital. We are committed to our mission statement and pride ourselves in providing personalized care and compassion to each patient and their family.
We are an academic-oriented practice with multidisciplinary Tumor Board, Breast Cancer, and Thoracic Conferences. Cancer Care Associates of York offers excellent compensation and benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, profit sharing plan and paid time off.
Our Mission: At Cancer Care Associates of York, we strive to provide our community with innovative, comprehensive and compassionate care which respects the values and needs of each individual diagnosed with cancer or blood disorders.
ADVANCED PRACTITIONER - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Outpatient Oncology)
Purpose: Under the general direction of a collaborating physician (s) the Advanced Practitioner is an advance practice clinician educated in the ability to independently and inter-independently manage the care of patient’s across the health-span continuum.
Job Summary: The Advanced Practitioner will be able to provide medical services within the scope of licensing, training, and credentialing, to in-patient and/or outpatients in a predominantly Medical Oncology/Hematological Community Practice in collaboration with a practice of physicians. The Advanced Practitioner must demonstrate the ability to assess, diagnose, plan, implement, analyze and evaluate individual patient care appropriately to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life-span.
Essential Functions-Job Duties:
- Directs the medical care of patients in an inpatient and/or outpatient setting with the inclusion of initial history and physical examinations, follow-up visits, and emergent office visits.
- Provides appropriate outpatient and/or in-patient follow-up of patients with screenings to determine the need for further care, continuance of treatment regimens, and determination of the need for hospital admission.
- Provides appropriate management of patients to include the determination of the need for further health care inclusive of other consultations where warranted, diagnostic studies, and multidisciplinary management.
- Provides patient education for diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment options.
- Completes documentation in an accurate, timely manner using appropriate forms and records.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment.
- Establishes relationships with professional and/or other health-related groups within the community.
- Demonstrates expertise in patient care.
- Ensures and maintains patient/family confidentiality at all times.
- Acts as a role model and resource person for staff.
Secondary Functions-Job Duties: The following duties for an advanced practitioner are considered secondary to the essential functions listed above.
- Administrative functions that may be directly or indirectly related to patient care. These duties may consist of the following, and may compromise 25% of job responsibilities:
- Writing chemotherapy orders
- Management of off-site treatment patients
- Participation in the customization of practice electronic medical record
- Completion of compliance documentation
- Completion of patient medical necessity forms, billing, documentation and pharmaceutical documentation.
- Precepts graduate nursing students and physician assistant students.
- Makes significant and sustained contributions to the healthcare profession through committee involvement, educational media development or scientific inquiry, or use of creative approaches to enhance quality of care.
- Maintains current knowledge of healthcare techniques and practices by participating in workshops, seminars, and professional organizations.
- Provides health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Participates in basic science and clinical research projects conducted in collaboration with other advance practice providers in practice and/or collaborating physician (s).
Specific education, certification, and licensure:
- Current Nurse Practitioner Licensure and registration to practice in State of PA.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- CPR Certification
- Current Physician Assistant Licensure under the PA State Board of Medicine.
- Physician Assistant Certification through NCCAPA.
- Bachelor Degree with PA Certificate or Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant.
- CPR Certification
Essential Job-related Experience:
- 2 – 3 years of Advanced Practitioner Experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with patients, staff, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet multiple demands.
- Flexibility in day-to-day actions and duties.
- Knowledge of basic computer systems and function with some word processing capabilities.
Preferred Job-related Experience:
- One full time year of Oncology Advanced Practitioner Experience preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record preferred.
- Paid Time Off (vacation, personal & sick)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Profit Sharing Plan
Job Type: Full-time
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Physician Assistant (Required)
- Nurse Practitioner (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts