RRC - Oil & Gas Staff Services Officer I (00006849)
RAILROAD COMMISSION OF TEXAS
Lubbock (455-LUBBOCK) 6302 Iola Avenue Suite 600 Lubbock 79424
Office and Administrative Support
Standard Hours Per Week:
State Job Code:
Salary Admin Plan:
Salary (Pay Basis):
3,500.00 - 4,000.00 (Monthly)
Number of Openings:
Oct 4, 2019, 9:29:46 AM
Oct 25, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
The Railroad Commission of Texas, recognized as a worldwide leader in the regulation of oil and gas exploration, seeks a Staff Services Officer for the Lubbock District Office, Field Operations Section of the Oil and Gas Division. Performs routine (journey-level) staff services work. Work involves planning and coordinating several staff services functions such as human resources, accounting, budgeting, purchasing, training, and property management. May train others. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Duties
State Classification #:
- Plans and coordinates several staff services functions such as human resources, accounting, budgeting, purchasing, training, and property management.
- Prepares and reviews operational and special reports.
- May assist in the development of the agency’s budget, policies, and procedures.
- May analyze internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
- May screen, interview, and recommend employment of applicants; and recommend promotions, demotions, merit increases, disciplinary actions, transfers, and discharge of employees.
- May plan and conduct workshops and/or training programs.
- May train others.
- Performs related work as assigned.
State Classification Title:
STAFF SERVICES OFFICER I
Military Occupational Specialty Codes (MOS):
Army – 42A, 420A
Navy – AO, 120X, LDO
Coast Guard - YEOMAN, 10, 020
Marine Corps – 01, 30, 3M
Air Force – 16GX, 38PX, 63AX
Additional military crosswalk information may be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_ProgramManagement.pdf
- Experience in office management, business administration, human resource administration, or budget preparation work.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in human resources, public or business administration, or a related field.
- Two or more years experience in office management, business administration, human resource administration, or budget preparation work.
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Experience and education may be substituted on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of agency programs, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, and practices of the agency.
- Knowledge of fiscal or budgeting techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of office management and human resource administration.
- Skill in coordinating activities, in the use of computers, and in critical thinking.
- Ability to study and evaluate programs and propose recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability and to train others.
There is one available position. Official transcripts, DD214 or DD1300, copies of license/certifications, or other minimum requirement validations will be requested at the time of the job offer.
THE RAILROAD COMMISSION OF TEXAS ONLY ACCEPTS ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSTING.
Due to the high volume of applications we do not accept telephone calls. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Notifications to applicants are sent electronically to the email address you provide.
The Railroad Commission of Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age
or disability in employment or in the provision of services.
The Railroad Commission of Texas is a smoke-free workplace