The Grove at New Castle is seeking to add a caring and compassionate Maintenance Assistant to be part of our team and join a growing and dynamic staff!
Our mission at The Grove at New Castle is to offer quality care to our residents, and to provide for them a loving and compassionate environment, attending carefully to their physical, spiritual, and emotional needs.
The primary purpose of the job position is to implement required maintenance procedures in an efficient, cost effective manner meeting all federal, state, and local requirements while providing a safe environment for our residents.
- Maintains facility by repairing walls, baseboards, doors, ceilings, mirrors, windows, removing trash, etc.
- Moves furniture in order to complete assignments
- Coordinates daily maintenance services with nursing services when performing routine assignments in resident living areas
- Assist in terminal cleaning of resident room upon transfer, discharge, or death
- Follows maintenance schedule/instruction from supervisor and as outlined in established maintenance policies and procedures
- Performs routine maintenance and repair on facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc., as directed in accordance with established procedures
- Completes maintenance request slips and turns them into supervisor
- Performs routine maintenance on grounds, parking areas, driveways, etc. by cutting, trimming, policing, sweeping, etc. as necessary or directed
- Replaces burned out light bulbs, to include exit lights, overhead lights
- Ensures the operation of machinery, mechanical equipment and upkeep of facility by assisting department in Preventative Maintenance Program
- May assume on call responsibilities as scheduled, including weekends and holidays
- Performs unscheduled or emergency maintenance tasks as directed
- Assist in smooth operation of maintenance department
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Previous long-term care experience preferred.
- Experience in basic repair and maintenance such as plumbing, carpentry and painting preferred.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Please reply with a resume or apply in person at 715 Harbor Street, New Castle, PA 16101
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.55 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Painting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Plumbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location