- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Clinical or Counseling Psychology.
- Licensed or license eligible in Pennsylvania.
- Experience in college counseling center desired.
- Experience working with Titanium Scheduling Software.
- Experience working with international and/or underserved populations.
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director for Counseling and Psychological Services, the counselor provides individual assessment and treatment, conducts group therapy and skills training for students, provides crisis intervention, provides consultation to students, faculty, and staff, facilitates referrals to off-campus providers, and performs case management duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Conducts diagnostic assessments and triage, and provides short-term individual and group psychotherapy.
- Provides crisis intervention for students with mental health concerns.
- Coordinates and conducts outreach programming and offers trainings for the campus community.
- Provides clinical consultation to students, faculty and staff.
- Builds relationships and strong collaborations within Student Life and across the institution.
- Participates in departmental and divisional meetings and committees.
- Some evening hours may be required for programming and support groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent counseling and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of developmental issues of both traditional and non-traditional, commuter students, and resident student populations.
- Ability to work effectively within and understand the dynamics of a higher education setting.
Cabrini University is a Catholic institution dedicated to academic excellence, leadership development and a commitment to social justice. The University welcomes learners of all faiths, cultures, and backgrounds and prepares them to become engaged citizens of the world. Recognizing that diversity of all kinds is a vital aspect of the higher education learning process, Cabrini University is committed to building a more diverse faculty and staff community that reflects our student body and enhances the value of our students’ education.