Piedmont Cancer Institute, P.C. (PCI)is a prominent private Hematology/Oncology practice with an excellent reputation for providing quality patient care in the Atlanta and surrounding areas. We are actively seeking a dedicated full-time Front Office Assistantto join our team in the Fayetteville area.
Statement of Duties:
Responsible for scheduling appointments, posting daily charges and payments, and checking patients in and out. Shares the responsibility of answering the phone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking patients in by verifying demographics and insurance information.
- Collect co-pays and patient balance at the time of check-in.
- Schedules outpatient tests, and all other appointments ordered by the physician at check out.
- Informs the pre-cert coordinator of needed authorizations for tests by inputting the outpatient appointments in the computer.
- Obtains new patient/consult information in order to ensure the proper appointment in a timely manner.
- Provides the patient with a printout of appointments.
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct calls to the appropriate staff member when necessary.
- Distribute incoming faxes and fax outgoing information as needed.
- Prepare and fax all test orders for outpatient procedures with the appropriate diagnosis.
- Call to reschedule all no-show appointments if applicable. Mark no-show appointments in the computer or add reschedule note.
- Print and mail letters/dictations. Correct dictation notes as needed
- Assist with medical records duties or complete functions based on location.
- All other job-related tasks as required by supervisor/manager
Knowledge and Skills:
- Data entry of 8000 KPH.
- Familiarity with all office equipment, computers, and internet literacy.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 coding & medical records
- Customer service.
- Phone etiquette.
- An ability to provide a personable and caring environment for all patients.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Communication method(s) used: