Description/Job Summary Deboning Team Lead (Supervisor)-Day Shift Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production associates to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner, and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group.
Responsibilities/Duties 1. Trains, directs, and develops subordinates to meet operating, safety, and quality requirements within the department and/or area.
2. Supervises production staff to ensure product quality and integrity, and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
3. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates. Consistently administers company policies and procedures.
4. Supports and promotes the Company's annual People, Products, Profitability and Planet goals through effective and efficient planning, communication, and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.
5. Creates and implements, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve production efficiencies, CSI, QI, Safety Scorecard.
Required Skills Should be computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office. Requires experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment. Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or company business.
Required Experience Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results. Able to think ahead and plan 1-3-year time span. Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule. Able to develop protocols and processes and deploy. Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level. Requires prior supervisory experience. Knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation.
Required Education Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture or related discipline plus 4 - 5 years related work experience
Details 1. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
2. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
3. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.