Under the supervision of the Regional SACC and Camp Director and Camp Director, the key leader / Senior Counselor will be responsible for the direct supervision of campers during camp hours. All YMCA Child Care positions follow the required qualifications requirements as outlined by the Manual of Requirements for Child Care Centers - State of New Jersey, Department of Human Services, Division of Youth and Family Services. Must complete background check, fingerprinting, and obtain all required certification courses & training required and provided by the Meadowlands YMCA.
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year experience in childcare/camp.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to supervise and lead staff
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent listening, communication, and customer service
- Organized, analytical and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- Serves as the Camp Director in the event the Camp Director is not present.
- Assist with the planning, supervision, & implementation of the program. Planning & coordinating of activities appropriate to children’s needs & Interest.
- To provide a safe and supportive environment for all children. Must be aware of the location and situation of all students in assigned group.
- Provide guidance, leadership, and support to all site staff members.
- In the absence of the Sitee Supervisor serves as YMCA liason to school, communicate to all staff members and the main office (following your school district calendar) any information in regards to half day work schedules and school closings.
- Maintains a postive, professional image at all times.
- To be responsible for every child’s accountability and assit with the keeping accurate documentation of attendance, children’s files, emergency drills, accident/illness/behavior reports, administration of medication.
- Assist with the establish and practice emergency procedures.
- Assist with all site paperwork which needs to be organized, updated, and copies submitted to the main office. Attend all In Service Workshops and office meetings.
- To support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- To be able to constantly stand, walk, bend, run, stoop, kneel, crawl, crouch, pushing and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing as well as lifting & carrying (up to 40lbs) to attend to each child's interests and program’s needs.
- Shall be knowledgeable and follow the Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Staff Handbook and Parent Handbook and to see to it and be responsible for all staff in following the same policies and procedures.
- All other miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Working With Children: 1 year
- childcare/camp: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: