Nuvance Health is currently seeking a Technical Specialist Supervisor to join our team!
Nuvance Health offers a wide array of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Medical Insurance
- Virtual Medical Assistance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- HSA, FSA
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Wellness program
- Retirement plans
- Additional voluntary benefits (such as pet insurance, discounted home/ auto insurance, etc).
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Supervises the daily operations of the Clinical Laboratory in the network to ensure uninterrupted workflow, accurate and timely results and maintain improved customer satisfaction.
- Under the Medical Director and Operations Manager, supervises the daily operations of assigned section to insure quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Assists with hiring, training, developing, evaluating and when necessary disciplining staff to build a team and assure quality of service.
- Responsible for the section’s technical competency program and for ensuring staff training and continuing education requirements. Performs annual performance reviews (i.e. PEP or Talent Manager).
- Oversees section’s inventory program to insure proper levels of reagents, controls, standards, consumables etc.
- Schedules staff coverage, supervises and manages the daily operating system to ensure efficient and effective service (within budgetary guidelines) as well as customer satisfaction.
- Conducts staff meetings and continuing education/training sessions to educate staff, resolve problems, establish service improvement processes and communicate procedural changes.
- Develops and implements new procedures/policies. Reviews/revises approved section procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Implements work procedures and monitors activities to assure a safe environment for employees. Recommends and implements system changes to increase efficiency and accuracy of workflow.
- Ensures section compliance with all regulatory requirements (i.e. FDA, TJC, CAP, State of CT, NYS) by actively reviewing publications/standards. Section is in a constant inspection readiness state.
- Coordinates section participation in approved proficiency programs as required by regulatory requirements.
- Prepares, creates, monitors quality monitors/volumes as defined. Participates in the Quality Assurance program and department management meetings to promote continuous quality improvement.
- Prepares and submits various reports (i.e. QA, FDA reportables etc.) defined at the section level.
- Oversees, supports or delegates the maintenance and oversight of the section’s LIS. Responsible for all changes including design, analysis, testing, validation, implementation and training.
- Maintains technical competence. Participates in education programs (i.e. residence program). Assists the Medical Director in developing and instituting new programs/systems both within/outside the laboratory as required. Recommends and implements system change to increase efficiency and accuracy of workflow. Functions as a technical consultant to staff and physicians. Responsible for technical problem resolution related to assigned section.
- Provides pertinent information to prepare capital equipment and operating budgets.
- Participates/Chairs committee meetings pertinent to area of expertise when requested.
- Achieves the organization’s established expectations with regard to quality service, teamwork, and self-development.
- Promotes teamwork among staff members, fosters positive employee morale and ensures compliance with hospital and regulatory requirements.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of Clinical Laboratory experience
- Computer skills.
- Available to work Full-Time, Days, 8-hour shifts, 7a - 7p, and weekends as needed
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Computer skills: 1 year (Required)
- Clinical Laboratory: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory : 1 year (Required)
- Danbury, CT: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)