The Lovaas Institute is currently seeking an entry-level and experienced therapist to provide home-based and school-based treatment to our clients using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
Lovaas Institute Offers:
- A meaningful experience in a well-established company with in-depth training to succeed in the field of autism treatment and ABA therapy.
- Supportive and invested supervisors, facilitating a positive team dynamic and ensuring the highest quality treatment to our clients.
- Comprehensive paid initial and ongoing training, setting the bar for best practices in our industry.
- Sponsorship to become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)- a great credential in the ABA industry!
- Regular opportunities for advancement within the company.
- Supervision hours to count toward BCBA certification (based upon performance).
- Serve as primary interventionist in the education/treatment of children with autism.
- Implement treatment plans to support acquisition of social, communication, academic and daily living skills.
- Assist with assessment and implementation of behavior management plans; record and help analyze data on a daily basis.
- Participate in group and individualized training meetings on a regular basis.
- Energetic, animated, and outgoing, with a passion for helping children achieve their true potential.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, self-motivated, creative and dependable.
- Comfortable working with children who displays behavior challenges.
- Completion of two years of study (AA degree or a minimum of 48 college semester credit) or a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Coursework in psychology, applied behavior analysis, or early education preferred.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver license.
- Specific schedules will depend upon coordinating client’s and employee’s availability.
- Must have open availability from 8-6pm Monday-Friday and most positions require Saturday half-day (paid at overtime rate).
- Intent to remain invested in the position for a minimum of one year.
- Current positions would require working with clients throughout the West/Central San Fernando Valley.
- Additional training online and from time-to-time in our office headquarters in Culver City.
- Pay range $17-$18 per hour dependent upon experience and education (training rate of $16/hr during the 90-day new employee orientation period).
- Positions for undergraduates starting at $15-$16 per hour (training rate of $14/hr).
- Pay for travel time and mileage reimbursement (between job sites).
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays for full time employees.
- Health and dental benefits (full time), as well as 401k
Lovaas Institute is passionate about its services and believes in supporting all employees in achieving success. Being a member of our team includes:
- Ongoing support and professional development
- Commitment to quality and excellence
- Team approach to problem-solving
- Competitive wages based on your proficiencies and skills
Make a difference in a child’s life! This is a unique opportunity to work with professionals in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and help young children with special needs meet their treatment goals.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Driver's License (Required)