The Senior Storage Administrator will work within Curvature’s Central Engineering support organization. This position will interact with research and development, pre-sales engineering, professional services, managed services, and operation teams daily. Additionally, will remote into client’s storage environments to assist with their needs.
The Senior Storage Administrator will develop and lead technical teams on EMC storage systems, reporting directly to the Director of Enterprise Storage. This position will support our software maintenance business, spot storage administration support along with the assessment of client storage expansions, logical configurations, professional and managed service project reviews. The ideal candidate is willing to take on any EMC storage subject and deliver concise immediate direction to all project stake holders.
- Serve as the leader for storage administration support for Curvature clients related to EMC Data Domain, Isilon, VNX and VMAX systems.
- Assess client requests and system logs to turn the information into a practical storage project.
- Create statements of work for all storage related services.
- Provide software support for all EMC products.
- Reviews any new software for support.
- Work on daily software/administration support escalations from our clients and have the ability to multitask on multiple escalations when needed.
- Operate as the technical lead in customer’s storage expansion projects.
- Investigate new and improved service delivery methods to enhance customer service.
- Assist the Product Managers in sales related activities, conference calls, technical assessments, and meetings as required.
- Work with Logistics and Backline SW partners to assist in the acquisition of software for Curvature’s labs.
- Develop and deliver internal training classes to the greater Curvature Engineering community.
- Evaluate OEM and third party training classes for content and value; as well as provide recommendations to regional service management on minimum training requirements necessary to provide service on specific OEM platforms.
- Develop tools and content to automate technical documentation submission and possible archiving of previously submitted technical documentation.
- Minimum 7 years experience in EMC Storage Administration.
- Minimum 7 years experience with expertise knowledge in EMC Systems VNX, Data Domain, Isilon, DMX.
- Experience with VNX NAS Unified (DART OS/Linux) software and file system administration, via control station CLI and Unisphere GUI.
- Experience guiding EMC administration activities; for example logical configuration including Storage group, LUN/volume, and pool creation.
- Minimum 5 years experience with EMC Replication Software administration, Checkpoints, Savvol
- Minimum 5 years experience with EMC SANcopy Snapshot, Snapview, Clone administration.
- Minimum 5 years experience with EMC Powerpath administration, failover configuration.
- Minimum 7 years experience assessing EMC hardware configuration to provide upgrade paths for clients.
- Knowledge of SAN switches, RAID sets and other storage technologies.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Switch zoning configurations.
- Minimum 5 years experience collecting/analyzing logs from various SAN equipment and providing performance recommendations.
- EMC Proven Certifications
- Experience with VPLEX.
- VMware Experience
- Windows/Linux administration experience.
- Experience leading teams.
- Knowledge in desktop remote control software and communications e.g. WebEx, Goto, Teamviewer.
- Superior communication skills is a must including explaining issues to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work in and with remote teams.
- Proficient with Office 365, MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, mobile devices (smart phones, tablets)
- Occasional Travel – up to 15%
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Successful Candidate must pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
Curvature is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Job Type: Full-time
- EMC Storage Administration: 7 years
Required work authorization: