Please use the EdJoin Classified Application on the following link:
POSITION: Library Assistant II
SALARY RANGE: Range 25 ($23.88 - $29.00)
WORK YEAR: 10 Months / 6.5 hours per day
Minimum of an A.A. degree or equivalent required. Three years’ experience in performing sub professional duties in a library preferred. Coursework in library technical courses or related fields is desirable.
Under direct supervision of the school Librarian, to perform varied sub professional duties in a library; and to do related work as required.
Specific duties include:
- Assist students in making effective use of library resources including books, media materials, automated catalog, reference databases, and Internet sources;
- Maintain order among the groups of students in the library;
- Perform full authorized functionality of library automated system;
- Assist librarian in preparing bibliographies and in solving circulation, catalog, and reference problems;
- Maintain payment records on overdue, lost or damaged materials;
- Prepare bibliographies, reports, and correspondence;
- Give information over telephone to parents and district staff;
- Ascertain current pricing and prepare purchase orders for books, media materials, supplies, and equipment;
- Maintain budget and purchasing records; reconcile purchase orders with invoices;
- Supervise and train library students and volunteers;
- Supervise library in absence of the librarian;
- Assist librarian in identifying curriculum-related websites and resources for collection purchase / subscription.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential skills include the ability to:
- Work independently;
- Perform in-depth reference work and assist students in the selection of library materials;
- Perform responsible clerical work with speed and accuracy;
- Analyze and repair minor computer problems of both PC and MAC;
- Perform in-depth Internet searching;
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others;
- Meet physical and/or mental requirements associated with the tasks outlined;
- Link Internet sources to website;
- Keyboard speed 45 wpm.
This position requires thorough knowledge of:
- Standard library practices, terminology and procedures;
- Library collections in relation to school curriculum;
- Printed and online reference resources;
- Office software including word processing and spreadsheets;
- Effective Internet searching.
Indoor work environment which may include exposure to dust, molds, and mildew; exposure to glue fumes and cleaning solvents as well as solvent-based inks, tapes, and solutions.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate various standard office equipment; lifting heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds; standing for extended periods of time; reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally; and bending at the waist.
PAUSD is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $23.88 to $29.00 /hour