The Quality Assurance Assistant (Quality Assurance Assistant - Unlicensed) assists the Quality Assurance Nurse in maintaining client files, preparing for audits, and reviews a portion of the nursing documentation. The Quality Assurance Assistant reports to the Clinical Director/Nursing Director who oversees all nursing related items in the location.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain integrity of client medical record (chronological and content) and file nursing-related documents in the client chart located in the office, includes thinning and filing
- Participate in scanning and upload to client electronic medical records
- Assist in obtaining physician signature on supplementary physician orders, faxing and tracking for completion
- Monitor compliance to policies and procedures including but not limited to nursing documentation.
- Assist the corporate compliance department with surveys and audits as assigned.
- Conduct documentation in-services and other quality assurance training programs as requested
- Create and maintain supply of open charts
- Maintain confidentiality of all employee/client records and information.
- Provides information and education on quality and performance improvement processes to the nursing director
- Participate in performance improvement projects to increase high quality, cost-effective methods of practice.
- Data entry to Incident and Infection logs as assigned by nursing director
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- High school graduate
- At least 1 year experience in quality improvement preferred or directly related field.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required in addition to a thorough knowledge of standard office procedures, human resources practices and file management systems.
- One year of medical office experience preferred
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
- Ability to comfortably work in homes of families with limited resources
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Understands confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be able to comply with all policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Strong Communication skills including telephone
- Flexible and able to complete tasks in timely manner.
- Ability to perform basic clerical functions (i.e. typing, filing, mail, etc.)
- Flexible and able to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
- Must be able to sit and climb stairs
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Must have strong sense of smell and touch
- Deadline Driven
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action:
Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.