Ruby Developer (100% Remote)
MUST include LinkedIn Profile
Admin is a management interface built and embedded within the core application system of Coinbase. Through Admin, it is possible to manage accounts, view and track transactions, handle the underlying sub-systems. The Admin app was developed by the Internal Tools team, which has been disbanded in 2018. We are now rebuilding an org, Mission Control, whose goal will be to own and develop this system (together with a variety of other internal products built at Coinbase). As we have lost ownership and knowledge of the system, we are looking to rebuild that knowledge by hiring a combination of external and internal resources.
- The initial focus will be on technical documentation: Document, identity, and map code flows and data models within the Admin code base. For Infosec, Compliance, and Auditing reasons, we want to have reliable documentation on the existing processes within the Admin system.
- Document and map code flows of the existing Admin system.
- Design, re-architect and implement portions of codebase.
- Address immediate Infosec remediations and Access-Control issues.
- Work on a tech stack that includes Ruby, Go, Mongo, PostgreSQL, Redis, and AWS Requirements.
- 5-10 years of professional technology experience.
- PREFERRED: Worked for well-established technology company (i.e. Google, Twitter, Square, UBER, Amazon, Salesforce.com, etc.). NO Start Ups
- EWS, cloud, large scale project experience a plus.
- Ability to work on a legacy codebase with limited documentation.
- Deep understanding of system design and engineering best practices.
- Knowledge of Go is a plus.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $70.00 - $75.00 per hour
- Ruby: 4 years (Preferred)