We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate administrative duties and office procedures. Your role is to ensure high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety and to create and maintain a pleasant work environment. The candidate in this position should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and the day-to-day operation. This is a high volume position with stressful deadlines associated with it.
* Qualified candidates should have experience managing at least three companies and have a proven track record of working for three to five years at a company.
* Candidates for this position must have experience with a variety of office software (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Quick Books) to accurately and efficiently handle administrative duties.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager or Front Office Manager
- Proven track record of longevity with a company
- College degree desired; additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant will be a plus.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and Outlook) & Quick Books Pro.
- Hands on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools in Outlook.
- Knowledge of DOT driver files & random drug testing.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements and to accept and give constructive criticism.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and occasionally required to stand for periods of time and walk to and from Production area. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (approximate weight of a box of paper) on occasion.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must have excellent management and leadership skills in order to:
- Interact effectively with and motivate employees of different race, gender, nationality, and faith to perform efficiently in a multitask environment.
- Manage multiple individuals with differing tasks and personalities in a steady, calm, consistent manner.
- Verify on a daily basis that work tasks are promptly and properly assigned and flow in an orderly, timely and efficient manner.
- Change focus from one task to another and return to the interrupted task without miscommunication and/or workflow interruption when necessary.
- Maintain facility upkeep and continued improvement in appearance and operation.
- Organize and ensure supply of the facilities and operations.
- Organize and maintain all records for all entities for accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel, education, and regulations.
- Oversee workflow processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain DOT records and annual MVR’s for drivers.
- Prepare and input company payroll on a weekly basis.
- Perform HR functions; recruiting, new hire paperwork, hiring, onboarding new personnel and termination paperwork.
- Work with insurance agent to obtain and update insurance; including auto, liability & work comp.
- Provide administrative support to accountants.
- Ensure billing procedures run smoothly.
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)
- Travel, as required
Competitive salary package includes health/dental insurance, and vacation/holiday paid time off.
Background Check and Drug Screening may be required.
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- quickbooks: 5 years (Required)
- Office Management: 2 years (Required)
- Aurora, IL 60505 (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)