As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2023)
Day to Day
As an Application Security Engineer, your role involves close collaboration with software development teams to ensure the safety of our customers during the development of innovative services. On any given day, your tasks may include code inspections to identify security issues, the development of new frameworks to enhance the speed and security of software development, and fine-tuning service designs in collaboration with software developers. As an Application Security Engineer, you’ll apply your skills towards our mission of helping people find jobs and secure our global cloud-native environment which serves 200M unique visitors per month.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining threat models for a wide variety of software projects
- Assist in development of security processes and automated tooling that prevent classes of security issues.
- Developing security training and guidance for internal development teams
- Work closely with software developers to advise on secure coding practices and to establish a proactive security posture.
- Partnering with engineering teams to incrementally improve their security processes, priorities, and choices on a continual basis
- Support and consult with product and development teams in the area of application security, including threat modeling and AppSec reviews
- Assist teams in reproducing, triaging, and addressing application security vulnerabilities.
- Support the bug bounty program as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or related field. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- You demonstrate excellent judgment in assessing and prioritizing technical risk
- You have knowledge of security best practices and standards such as OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 with a focus on scalable solutions
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex security issues to technical and non-technical collaborators, with an inclusive mindset
- You work to identify and remove bottlenecks for your teammates, both in process and technology
- You have familiarity with a wide variety of security tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- You have some level of scripting/development experience (e.g. Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
Salary Range Transparency
- US Remote: 110,000-154,000 USD per year
- Austin Metro Area: 110,000-154,000 USD per year
- New York City Metro Area: 118,000 - 172,000 USD per year
- San Francisco Metro Area: 143,000 - 200,000 USD per year
- Seattle Metro Area: 134,000 - 188,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position in the given work location. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), a Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Benefits - Health, Work/Life Harmony, & Wellbeing
We care about what you care about. We have a multitude of benefits to support Indeedians, as well as their pets, kids, and partners. Select your country and learn more about our employee benefits, program, & perks at https://benefits.indeed.jobs!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Accommodations at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at [email protected]. If you are requesting accommodation for an interview, please reach out at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Reference ID: 43395
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $154,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Are you a current or former Indeedian?
- How did you hear about this role?
- Information security: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote