High School Diploma
- The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for promoting a professional practice image by the efficient performance of a variety of business and clerical related tasks designated to facilitate the smooth flow of patients and processes throughout the Diabetes Center. This position is responsible to receive and greet patients and all visitors in a prompt and courteous manner, order and stock treatment room supplies, prepare exam rooms for visits, take vital signs and carry out any duties delegated and requested by the provider and physician which does not exceed the scope of their practice and certification by the state. The CMA will process forms, scan chart documents, input data and generate quality reports in the computer system. Collaborates with clinicians and providers to coordinate services in providing quality care to patients with diabetes. Additional duties include assisting office staff in patient scheduling, general office functions, and data entry as assigned under the direction and supervision of the department Director.
This position may require providing services to one or more age populations, including neonate through geriatric, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
This position requires full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Blessing Corporate Services. ICARE standards must be demonstrated. Adherence to Code of Conduct and other policies is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literacy
- Positive interpersonal relationship skills required.
- Completion of a recognized Medical Assistant program.
- Data entry/coding experience
- License/Certifications/Special Requirements:
- Currently certified as a Medical Assistant.
- Currently certified in American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for Health Care provider (CPR).
Blessing Health System provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blessing Health System complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Blessing Health System expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Blessing Health System's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.