This classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit Union Information http://hr.uw.edu/labor/unions/seiu-1199
For detailed information on Benefits for this position click here.
Join Harborview Medical Center's team of outstanding nurses! (Registered Nurse 2; RN2). Harborview Medical Center is a level one adult and pediatric trauma center as well as regional burn center for a four state region; a teaching and research hospital for the University of Washington; and a public/safety-net hospital for our diverse community. Learn more about Harborview and our specialties on our website.
Current staff nurse (RN2) positions may include full time, part time, and per diem opportunities on various shifts in the following areas:
Critical care, ICU (intensive care units) opportunities.
- Neurosciences ICU (30 bed unit) - 90% FTE nights position currently open.
- Trauma Surgery ICU (24 bed unit) - currently no open positions (but more could arise at any time).
- Burns ICU and Pediatric ICU (18 bed unit, primarily adult burn/trauma patients; as well as peds burn/trauma patients also) - 90% FTE nights position currently open.
- Medical Cardiac ICU (17 beds unit) - 90% FTE nights positions currently open.
- Critical Care Float Pool - 90% FTE nights position currently open.
Harborview ICUs are recipients of the prestigious Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence.
Acute Care, Med-Surg, Tele
- 1EH -12 - Med/Surg/Tele - 90% nights position open.
- 6MB - Planned Surgery - 90% nights positions open; and per diem variable positions available.
- 6EH - Ortho Trauma - 90% days openings; and per diem positions available.
- 7EH - Trauma/General Surgery - 90% nights position open; and per diem variable shifts available.
- 5EH - Med/Surg/Tele - 90% days and 90% nights position available; and per diem variable shifts available.
- 4EH - Med/Tele/Oncology - per diem variable shifts positions open.
- 8EH - Burns/Plastics/Peds - 90% nights position available; and per diem variable shifts position available.
- 4WH - Trauma Rehabilitation - 90% night & 100% evening position available as well as per diem shifts available.
Also - Rehab Care Manager RN2 position available, 100% Days position.
- 3WH - Neurosciences - 90% nights positions open; and, per diem variable position open.
- 3EH - Med/Tele - 90% nights position open; and per diem variable shift positions open.
- Acute Care Float Pool - 90% nights positions open; and per diem variable shift positions open.
Continuity of Care Program (CCN)
- 100% days position available.
- 50% week-end days CCN position open.
And, per diem positions open.
CCN positions requires minimum two years acute care nursing experience.
Continuity of Care Nurses (CCN) coordinate all aspects of care leading to a timely transition to the next level of care for patients on acute care units. The CCN serves as a liaison between patients, families, medical teams, nursing staff, social services, interdisciplinary team members, consulting and referring physicians and agencies involved in the care of patients from admission through the discharge process.
90% FTE, day shift position currently open. Also, per diem position open, variable hours. No weekends or holidays, although week-end call is required.).
Requires either one year ICU experience or one year Endo./GI experience.
Ambulatory Procedures Area
- APA - Per diem positions open, variable hours.
Requires ICU experience, acute care experience, and/or ambulatory procedures experience.
Hematology/Oncology Support Clinic
90% Days positions open.
The Hematology/Oncology Support Clinic Registered Nurse 2 is responsible for providing and coordinating all aspects of out-patient care for patients with blood (hematology) disorders and who have been diagnosed with cancer (oncology); inclusive of being responsible for coordinating outpatient chemotherapy treatments provided at the UW Medical Center; arranging and scheduling various follow-up treatments, procedures and follow-up care associated with the Heme/Onc patient population; providing in-depth patient and family education on specifics of hematologic disorders and respective treatments, chemotherapy treatments and complications. Through skilled triage and assessment, education, collaboration and coordination of healthcare and community resources, the Heme/Onc RN2 assists patients to achieve optimum functional health status and quality of life.
Requires minimum of three years professional nursing experience, effective interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and clinical expertise in the care of Hematology/Oncology patients.
Full time, 100% FTE Days position currently open.
On-call also required.
Position responsibilities include:
- assist interventional radiologists during procedures involving all modalities of radiology in the Angiography suites (Body IR, Neuro IR, CathLab)
- assist with Cardiology outpatient test: Echo’s, TEEs, DSEs and treadmill tests
- assist with outpatient imaging: ultrasound, CT guided procedures, MRI, diagnostic X-ray
- assist our Sports/Spine and Pain Anesthesia Team with procedures (steroid injections, spine injections for back pain, phototherapy’s)
- provide moderate sedation for all tests that require it, monitoring the patient throughout
- pre and post anesthesia care and well as patient care coordination.
Requires ICU experience.
PACU & Ambulatory Surgery
90% Nights position open.
60% Nights position open.
Per diem, variable shifts position open.
Min. two years current/recent ICU experience required. PACU experience desirable.
Operating Room (OR) opportunities.
100% FTE rotating/variable shifts staff RN positions currently open.
(also - per diem RN2 available).
100% FTE night shift staff RN position currently open.
100% FTE Week-end Nights Charge RN position currently open.
Please note that OR positions include an expectation of taking up to 8 standby shifts per year.
Emergency Services (ED/ER)
- 90% - 100% nights/variable shifts RN2 Staff Nurse positions currently open.
- 5MB - Psych ICU: 90% - evenings;and per diem positions open.
- 5WA - Acute Psych: 60% nights; and per diem positions open.
- 5WB - Acute Psych: 50% days and per diem positions open.
- Psych Emergency Services (PES) per diem positions available.
Memory and Brain Wellness Clinic
- Full time days position open.
Requires minimum two years nursing experience.
AACS, Ambulatory Care Services, RN Care Manager
Full time days position open.
Minimum two years RN work experience required.
7MB Specialty Clinics
Full time days position open (M-F, 8:30-5). This position includes working in urology, chest, kidney, GI, and liver clinics.
Requires two years RN work experience.
Cardiology Clinic (Heart Institute)
100% Days position open.
Requires two years RN work experience, including IV experience and experience triaging very sick patients. Acute care/critical care experience strongly desirable.
Pioneer Square/Downtown Program
Monday thru Friday, 100% FTE (8 hours per day/40 hours per week).
This is a fulltime RN position as part of the Pioneer Square Downtown Programs. The Healthcare for the Homeless nurses work as part of the multidisciplinary team providing care to people in shelters. Each site has a nursing office and provides hands on nursing, patient education and care coordination for the people accessing shelter services. The current opening is at Downtown Emergency Service Center which focuses on providing shelter for people with mental illness, substance abuse and complex medical diagnoses. The shelter serves 225 people with many referrals from local hospitals. This position works as part of the PSQ Downtown programs and will help provide cross coverage as need at other shelter or clinic locations.
Providing care to people who have experienced homelessness, mental illness and substance abuse. Familiar with principles of harm reduction, trauma informed care and motivational interviewing. Work as a nurse in community setting or public health or doing outreach.
Family Medicine Clinic
Per diem position available. Minimum two years RN experience required.
HMHAS Mental Health & Addictions Services
100% Day (Monday-Friday) position available.
The RN will serve as the care coordinator for a large caseload. Duties will include the monitoring of medication, care coordination, developing and implementing patient treatment plans, crisis assessment and evaluation. RNs will assist in the training of medical and nursing students and the psychiatric residents assigned to the unit.
For the Care Management program this position will provide oversight of the assessment and stabilization services to clients in need with the goal to prevent or reduce acute illness, high-risk behaviors, incarceration and other crises. This position will facilitate linkage and coordination with on-going services and community supports..
Medical Respite, Jefferson Terrace
Per diem position available. The Edward Thomas House Medical Respite at Jefferson Terrace, is a collaborative project among seven area hospitals and Health Care for the Homeless Network. The program provides nursing care 16 hours per day and non-clinical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Nurses provide up to twice daily care for acute issues, as well as IV infusion and complicated wound care. Mental health clinicians complete a psychosocial screening to assess housing, mental health and funding needs. One year of RN nursing experience and familiar working with patient population.
And, per diem position available.
Minimum one year nursing experience required.
HCSATS (Harborview Center for Sexual Assault and Traumatic Stress)
Per diem SANE position (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner).
On call position providing care to adult, adolescent and pediatric victims of sexual assault including physical exam and forensic evidence collection. Service currently is provided at Harborview Medical Center and Valley Medical Center at a minimum. Program may expand in the next year to cover additional facilities in the Seattle area. 40 hour didactic SANE training is provided along with extensive orientation. Minimum availability of 72 hours per month in 12 or 24 hour shifts. Must be able to respond to cases at all 5 hospitals we serve (Harborview, Swedish 1st Hill, Children’s, UW Medical Center and Valley) within a 45 min to 1 hour response time. Emergency department, Women’s health and/or Pediatric experience preferred.
UW Medicine - Community Care Line/Nurse Advice Line/Transfer Center
(This position is located in an office at Boeing field).
80% variable shifts position available.
Per diem, variable shifts position also available.
ER; outpatient; telephone triage experience desirable.
This is the appropriate requisition to apply to if you are an experienced nurse seeking employment in any nursing area (for staff nurse - RN2 positions) at Harborview Medical Center.
If you are interested in applying for management (i.e. Nurse Manager or RN3/ Assistant Nurse Manager); or Educator/CNS or ARNP/PA-C (Health Care Specialist), or CRNA, please apply separately to the specific job postings listed for these positions.)
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.