Assistant Formulation Scientist / Senior Formulation Technician
The candidate will be responsible for executing formulation experiments and preparing prototype batches, as well as conducting routine physical testing to support Formulation Development. The Formulation Technician also maintains the laboratory and all documentation within cGMP guideline.
Modavar is the US subsidiary of Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (one of the largest pharma companies in India). Cadila is one of the leading companies in India in generic brands. In addition to the finished formulations, CPL has a strong product portfolio in API’s .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to setup, operate, disassemble, clean, and maintain development equipment.
- Perform experiments based on prototypes developed by formulation scientist.
- Generate, gather and record all necessary data in laboratory notebooks.
- Report significant observations, recommendations and conclusions pertaining to areas of responsibility.
- Assist with scale up of dosage forms, including wet and dry granulating, oral liquid preparation, suspension and semisolid preparation.
- Assist with maintenance and general housekeeping of the Formulations laboratory.
- Maintain current knowledge of cGMP documents and SOPs.
- Support the qualification, calibration and maintenance of R&D equipment in accordance with cGMPs.
- Interface with all other departments as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of excipients for prototype development.
- Adhere to established safety standards.
- Participate as a team member, support the company mission and vision and contribute to the pursuit of the company's goals.
- Participate actively in regular meetings and present periodic updates to the team and management.
- With experience in fluid bed coating of pellets and spheronization.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or similar fields with at least 2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory or master’s degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or similar field of study with at least 1 year of experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while maintaining efficiency and effectiveness.
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment for oral solids and semisolids.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate with the team, peers, management, and external contacts.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Project, and Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
- pharmaceutical lab: 2 years (Required)
This job will require you to pass a background check: