Experienced RBTs only: Are you tired of inconsistent schedules and cancellations?
We are looking for a certified, experienced RBT who wants consistency, a daytime position with no weekends, and a great place to work. Our ABA program is center-based, primarily serving ages 2-10. We have an early intervention group ages 2-5, and a part-time group serving grades K-5 (to age 10) after-school. We are growing. We have great leaders and a wonderful team, and are looking for qualified RBTs that love what they do and appreciate the value of teamwork to accomplish goals. If you love to learn and grow professionally, you are our ideal candidate. BCBA candidates with RBT training are welcome.
- Provide direct behavioral services to clients in individual and group sessions.
- Provide a fun (i.e.rewarding), creative, and individualized learning environment for each client.
- Implement behavioral procedures developed by the BCBA using the principles of ABA for acquisition of skills, as well as reduction of maladaptive behaviors.
- Maintain accurate client records; prepare graphs based on data, on a weekly basis.
- Maintain respect and confidentiality for all clients at all times.
- Apply ethical, legal, and agency regulations regarding acceptable behavior interventions.
- Other job duties as assigned by supervisors.
Skills, Abilities, and Requirements
- Knowledge of the basic principles of applied behavior analysis.
- Creativity to make learning fun, individualized, and motivational based on each client’s abilities and needs.
- Familiarity with developmental processes of children and adolescents.
- Experience with early intervention (ages 1-5) or K-5 is strongly preferred.
- Ability to recognize and respond appropriately and ethically to crisis situations.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with the team, parents, supervisors, and outside agencies.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel as needed for documents and graphing data.
- Ability to follow direction and guidance from supervisors to enhance personal (and company) growth and development, with the ultimate goal being our clients’ success.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral form of the English language.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and manipulate up to 50 lbs in weight required.
- Bilingual preferred, not required.
- Knowledge of sign language a plus, willing to train.
- Must pass a level 2 background check.
Education, training, and experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma. A Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, special education, or a related field is preferred. Additional certification as a special education teacher, school social worker, or school psychologist in the state of Florida is also preferred.
- Certification as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) issued by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) required.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a behavioral technician working with children with special needs required.
- Basic Life Support/CPR certified; or company will provide.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible