Job Title: Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Site Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: *
The work in this position contributes to the patient’s overall successful interaction within the office. Exceptional people skills are a must. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week with competitive compensation and generous benefits. Could be scheduled any shift between 7:00am and 7:00pm, depending on department and patient volume.
Essential Job Functions: *
Obtain and process referrals at the time of visit
- Complete patient check-in and check-out for a specific office location and pod
- Ensure accuracy of patient registration and scheduling
- Schedule follow up appointments at UOI locations/offices
- Facilitate appointment scheduling for external referrals
- Check-in upon arrival to clinic, register walk-in patients and identify existing patients; correctly add/edit demographic information to include email address, guarantor, and coverage and obtain necessary signatures.
- Collect co-pays and patient account balance and collection balance.
- Answering front desk telephones and directing calls as appropriate.
- Print schedules and superbills for next-day provider visits.
- Batching out at the end of the shift and verifying co-pays with cash collected.
- Assists with general office work such as mailing, filing, and form completion
- Contact patients for scheduling referrals received through clinical inboxes
- Obtains verification of DME benefits.
- Demonstrates expected Customer Service behaviors
- Promotes a culture of service excellence by exceeding the expectations of our patients, visitors, coworkers, and physicians.
- Maintain a professional appearance and work environment
- Provide coverage for the administrative department as needed
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager to meet department needs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of medical receptionist or administration experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of MS Office and EMR systems/ practice management systems
- Knowledge of insurance eligibility and verification
- Motivated individual with a team approach
- Must be able to travel to all sites if/when necessary.
Job Type: Full-time