To perform accounting support functions that increases profits and ensure smooth casino operations.
To enhance continued economic viability and quality of life for the Nisqually Indian Tribe, our Employees, and the neighboring communities
To be the premier gaming and entertainment venue by providing an atmosphere of exceptional service and value to our guests.
Our Core Values:
Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, Teamwork
Responsible for assisting with monthly financial statement preparation, general ledger maintenance, account reviews and reconciliation, bank reconciliations, various management reporting, financial analysis, and other assignments upon request. Acts as a backup to accounts payable, payroll, and purchasing as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment, evaluates and compares possible courses of action to make a decision or recommendation with respect to matters of significance.
- Provides assistance to Accounts Payable; backs up accounts payable as necessary.
- Provides assistance to Payroll; back up payroll function as necessary.
- Provides assistance to Revenue Audit; backs up revenue audit function as necessary.
- Assists Senior Accountant and Controller with balancing and reconciling assigned general ledger accounts.
- Reviews and checks payroll tax returns and verifies payments.
- Assists with day-to-day and routine purchasing activity for the Casino.
- Provides purchasing assistance to all departments, as assigned.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining contacts with vendors.
- Assists with audit functions to maintain compliance with applicable internal controls and regulations.
- Prepares and files federal, state and other forms and reports as assigned.
- Attends annual continuing education classes to maintain and improve skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required skills, knowledge and behavior
Preferred skills, knowledge and behavior:
- BA or BS degree in Accounting from an accredited university or college.,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills in intermediate accounting procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to use ten-key by touch.
- Excellent math skills.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite creating spreadsheets, correspondence and research.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information.
- Ability to perform all job duties accurately.
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to obtain a Class III Gaming License.
Two (2) years accounting experience, including payroll, monthly financial statement preparation, general ledger maintenance and account reviews, revenues audits, bank reconciliation and cash management in a professional finance environment and with demonstrated job progression in duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to lift boxes weighing at least 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand or move for long periods of time.
- Manual and finger dexterity for operation of personal computer and routine paperwork.
- Ability to tolerate a smoke-filled environment.
NATIVE AMERICAN HIRING PREFERENCE