- Lampros Steel is looking to add a delivery driver to our team. The ideal candidate will have flexibility in work attitude with a willingness and ability to adapt to the daily needs of plant operations and customers.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently operate a commercial motor vehicle to deliver steel products.
- Safe and efficient use of securing and protective equipment to include, but is not limited to: steel chains, cable or nylon straps, canvas tarps, nylon tarps and rubber rope, etc. This entails thorough knowledge of equipment operation, load limits, and routine preventative maintenance.
- Verify loaded orders for the correct material type, quantity, loading preferences, proper routing order, safely, and in a way that prevents material damage. This entails proper weight distribution, using last order delivered first loaded methodology, recognition of material compatibility, and such practices as hay over hay.
- Maintain accurate records including, but not limited to making proper and legible notations on bill of lading, receiving paperwork, maintain the driver's log book when applicable, daily completion of vehicle inspection reports and logging all fuel usage on fuel sheets.
- Verbally assist customers in off-loading of material when needed.
- Treat customers in courteous friendly manner.
- Perform general housecleaning of vehicles.
- Follow all documented company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety and operations.
- Conduct behavior within the guidelines of the Company Vision, Beliefs and Principles.
Operates from specific and definite directions and instructions. Receives limited supervision. Position involves a modest level of complexity in dealing with occasional new and diverse work situations. Most functions or responsibilities are defined, some tasks require generation of new ideas or approaches under the direction of the Plant Operations Staff. Typical decisions involve load securement and delivery routing. Errors and time delays will cause problems for customers and cause customer dissatisfaction.
Position is not supervisory in nature.
Routine phone and face-to-face contact is made with internal staff and customers.
Specific Job Skills
- Must have a customer service focus and be a self starter.
- Flexibility in work attitude with a willingness and ability to adapt to the daily needs of Plant Operations and customers.
- Verbal communication skills to interact with co-workers and customers are required. Attention to details and accuracy is necessary.
- Basic math proficiency preferred.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Current Commercial Driver's License, Class A, required.
- 2 years driving experience
- Valid driver’s license required. Must have a driving record with a maximum of two points on record and must be acceptable to the Company’s business auto insurer underwriting standards.
- On the Job orientation consists of a training period as prescribed by Operations Management.
Some pressure exists from regular daily deadlines, changing priorities and/or interruptions.
The employee is subject to outside environmental conditions. Regular exposure to outside weather conditions with no effective protection from the weather. Some work hazards with steel dust in the air. Hearing protection recommended in some work stations. Requires Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to hard hats and safety glasses as prescribed by the Company PPE policy.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Safety equipment provided
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Trucking driver type:
Trucking home time:
Work Location: In person