Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
About the Position:
As an Application Specialist you are responsible for delivering business-to-business application support to Ceridian’s Dayforce customers. This role works directly with customers (including Payroll, HR, Benefits and IT administrators) to champion customer priorities, drive incidents to closure, and enhance the customer support experience. The Application Specialist will combine strong technical and functional problem solving skills with a keen business sense to deliver top notch customer-focused support.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with prior technical support experience to join a rapidly growing leading innovator in next-generation Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions in a technically challenging and rewarding role. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and industry related experience. The ideal candidate is looking to grow his/her career within our Customer Support team and thrives in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Provides rapid response and resolution to complex customer incidents
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by providing proactive support and consistently exceeding customer expectations
- Develops solid product and domain expertise
- Reproduces and meticulously documents software defects
- Provides peer to peer mentoring, identifying knowledge gaps and providing feedback to the leadership team
- Contributes to the support knowledgebase
- Demonstrates initiative, agility and follow through on areas of responsibility
- May assist with a variety of operational projects, including:
- Monitoring and maintaining customer production environments
- Programming and scripting tasks
- Optimizing internal processes and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related fields, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems
- Typically 2+ years of technical support experience
- Strong analytical skills; demonstrated ability to bring high complexity customer issues to resolution
- Superior communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and a willingness to work on-call if required
- Experience with HCM (HR, Payroll, Benefits, Workforce Management, Performance Management, Recruiting) applications
- American Payroll Association (APA) and/or Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) certified
- Familiarity with object oriented programming (especially C#, .NET)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Server Technologies (e.g. IIS, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server)
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and that makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.