You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
817 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
Novartis Global Oncology Team has an exciting intern opportunity for a motivated, self-directed student who is interested in learning about and developing skills in the area of I&C (Integrity and Compliance). This internship will focus on the following key areas:
- Support the implementation of the Global I&C risk assessment and monitoring program
- Support the I&C team to conduct thorough timely review and analyses of various company business records, functions and processes as part of the monitoring plan
- Maintain Global Oncology I&C SharePoint Site for document retention and cataloging purposes (e.g. meeting minutes, compliance presentations, compliance communications, etc.)
- Support the development and roll out of training initiatives as well as tracking of training completions
- Support in issuing timely and effective communication and implementation of any new deliverables based on the outcome of monitoring, investigations, risk assessments and corrective action remediation plans
- Provide tracking support of country visits
- Assist in developing user friendly checklists, roadmaps and flowcharts
- Assist in reviewing and testing new systems being implemented as needed
- Assist in consolidating data and creating executive level metric reports
- Perform other duties as assigned (e.g. Global Oncology I&C initiatives or ad-hoc projects
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
The Global Oncology I&C Intern must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program at the Junior or Senior level and must:
- Be detail oriented in getting tasks accomplished
- Results oriented
- Self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Understand discretion is a must
- Must be proactive, efficient, customer focused and able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Must be a team player and willing to pitch in so that goals of the team are met
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant work experience in the pharma or biotechnology industry is desirable
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Knowledge and interest in compliance a plus
- Course work and/or familiarity with Business Ethics a plus
- Interest in pursuing a career in healthcare industry a plus
East Hanover, NJ
Company/Legal EntityNovartis Pharmaceuticals
Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance
Job TypeFull Time