Job Title: Director of Finance Position Type: General Staff
Direct Report: Senior Pastor
Date: October, 2020
To manage all financial activities for the Church.
· Must possess a BS in Accounting
· CPA preferred
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in an accounting position
· Proficient in Word and Excel
· Previous experience in managing others
· Commitment to maintain strict confidentiality
· The ability to work with a wide range of personalities including supporting staff, congregants, and financial institution/insurance representatives
· The ability to think analytically, creatively, and critically
· Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate
· Update general ledger and subsidiary ledgers with the assistance of the accounting team
· Conduct monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing procedures
· Maintain/establish accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Lead the annual budget process for all departments, beginning in the 3rd quarter, ending in
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end reports for committees, including but not limitedto Finance, Endowment, SPRC, Trustees, Missions, Investment, and First Kids Preschool, etc.
Act as the staff liaison to the Finance, Investment and Audit committees
· Manage relationships with external entities including but not limited to banking institutions, insurance, and investment companies
· Spearhead the annual Generosity campaign
· Supervise the Cash Receipts/Contributions Associate, the Disbursements/Payroll Associate, and the volunteer team who deposit Sunday offerings & other receipts
· Communicate daily to address the needs of the congregation, clergy, lay staff, committee chairs, etc.
· Work with the Audit Committee to complete the annual audit during the summer months
· Complete all year-end reporting including state and federal tax filings, employee w-2s,
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; hear or smell. The employee will be required lift and /or move up to__ pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Strict protocols are in place throughout the building designed to prevent exposure to our employees while in the workplace.
- Accounting: 7 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible