Regular Full Time
Monday - Friday
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
The Front Office Preceptor is responsible for orienting, training, and mentoring with the on boarding process and existing employees. Will be identified as a liaison to ensure effective communication between members of front office, management, and director. • Oversees the orientation of new hires during determined orientation period.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Monitors the orientation checklist so that outcomes are met within the appropriate time frame.
- Communicates with members of management regarding new hire progress.
- Collaborates with manager and trainer in 45 and 90 day evaluation.
- Participates with new version functionality testing of all applications.
- Supports end users with defining and resolving issues with the new versions.
- Provides expertise in skills and knowledge.
- Conducts on site job specific training.
- Follows and understands all policy and procedures ensuring best practice.
- Collaborates with the training team on assessed education needs in order to develop organized, proficient, and quality focused education program.
- Works in collaboration with all departments to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new processes and develop training manuals specific to region.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the systems.
- Participates as a Patient Service Representative team member when individual preceptor assignment is not required.
- Supports and adheres to Tennessee Oncology mission, vision, and values.
- Exhibits professionalism and common courtesy.
- Serves as a super user.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional behavior in the workplace.
- Ability to provide balanced feedback.
- Ability to monitor/access performance of self, other individuals, or organization to recommend improvement in regards to work flow, processes, and procedures.
- Adapts to new and/or changing environments, supports innovation and change.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships.
- Ability to modify strategies for different types of learning styles and offer alternative approaches in the education process.
- Knowledgeable in quality and regulatory affairs.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in current role as a Patient Service Representative.
- Must successfully complete the preceptor training program offered by Tennessee Oncology.
- Preferred experience in all three positions of front office.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
Physical requirements may include standing, walking, sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, repetitive finger motion, lifting or exerting force up to 50 pounds, reaching or stretching, climbing or balancing, crouching or stooping, speaking, hearing, and seeing(with correction).