Oversees the operations of the accounting department, including the design and structure adequate to achieve the department’s goals and objectives.
- Promotes the mission, vison and values of Hampton Farms and affiliated companies.
- Prepares monthly financial statements to be reviewed by CEO and CFO by the 20th of the month following each month end.
- Incorporates established procedures for verification, approval and payment of accounts payable.
- Hires, trains and develops accounting staff based on the needs and goals of the department.
- Reviews and reconciles all general ledger entries.
- Performs monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Reconciles inventories and works with plant personnel to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains a system of controls over all accounting transactions.
- Manages the production of an annual budget and tracks actual performance to budget.
- Works closely with CPA firm on year end audit.
- Assists management on analysis and implementation as relates to special projects.
- Works closely with CEO and CFO to keep them apprised of sales and operational trends which may present opportunities or concerns that need to be addressed on a routine basis.
- Tracks Construction-In-Progress and Capital Expenditures and provides monthly reports.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Applies good questioning and listening skills to ensure understanding of information being shared.
- Communicates the mission, vision and values of Hampton Farms through interpersonal relationships and day to day activities with staff and other colleagues.
- Communicates clearly with Management and entire team.
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity.
- Fosters a work environment where all team members will work together and value the contributions of each team member.
- Strong Computer skills.
- Solution Oriented, working until a problem is solved or outcome achieved; finds alternative ways to complete a task.
- Involves all associated parties when reacting to challenges and working towards a resolution.
- Takes responsibility to define all requirements of a task, weighing the pros and cons, and then taking the appropriate action as required.
- Makes timely, well-considered decisions based on current, accurate, and complete data.
- Supports the team by offering to help with unexpected work as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master of Accounting and CPA designation encouraged.
- 5 years of successful Controller level experience.
- Requires the ability to use computer-based tools for planning and analysis on a frequent basis.
- May have to remain stationary for extended periods, but also needs to navigate through work areas.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with managers, direct reports and colleagues.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
To be the best nut company today!
To be recognized by our customers as the best nut company today and by our employees as the best place to work.
Our Values EQUIP us to be the best nut company today!
Environment – we will promote a work environment that encourages and nourishes creativity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect with our customers, vendors and each other. We are responsible to care for God’s creation by treating the natural environment with proper caution and wisdom.
Quality – all our products and services must reflect quality (creativity and care). We must constantly find ways to improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs and exceed their expectations.
Understanding – we understand that the pressures facing our employees and their families are never ending. Everyone has family outside of their “work family”, and we encourage them to set proper priorities in their lives. We will seek to find ways to promote a family friendly workplace.
Integrity – honesty and truth are absolutes in the way we conduct business with our customers, vendors, and employees. Ultimately, God is the source of truth and our actions should reflect such integrity.
People – our people are the greatest asset, which is not reflected on our balance sheet. They drive the health of our financial results. We are striving to find people who are passionate about Hampton Farms, and find their place in the company where they can grow, flourish, and excel.
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- controller: 5 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement