NOTE: U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date. (no exceptions) Persons with an active DoD secret clearance will automatically receive a $10k bonus or $20k for a top secret.
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
We are currently seeking RF Design Electrical Engineers to join the Radar Receiver Exciter Integrated Product Team in Tewksbury, MA. This team designs, develops, integrates, and tests the Radar Receiver Exciter hardware for the combat proven IDS integrated air and missile defense systems.
The Receiver, Exciter, and Signal Processing (RESP) Department is the focal point for receiver, exciter, beam steering, and signal processing technology in the Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) division. The department is responsible for the design, development, integration, support to production builds, and lifecycle support of IDS products.
This position is for a multi-disciplined engineer, capable of solving complex technical problems and providing highly innovative and ingenious solutions in the areas of Radio Frequency (RF) and Microwave sub-systems design/integration. Some digital circuit understanding and experience with digital and mixed signal sub-systems is required. Responsibilities include developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
Other responsibilities include task management and architectural development of RF and microwave subsystems in particular in the area of receivers and exciters. The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to mentor less experienced engineers.
The RF Design Electrical Engineer will be expected to perform the following:
- Design, Develop, and Integrate a number of products and technologies relevant to radar systems.
- Solve technical problems and provide innovative solutions in the areas of Radio Frequency and microwave circuits and subsystems.
- Subsystem and circuit card requirements development
- Minimum of 4 to 8+ years of experience
- Experience translating system performance and operation specifications into hardware requirements, design, and test specifications
- Experience in the design, test, and troubleshoot of digital and mixed signal circuits
- Experience in simulation, integration, test and analysis of complex systems and sub-systems
- Experience in RF and Microwave component/subsystem design such as upconverters, down converters, power amplifiers, waveform generators, RF modulators, and limiters
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advance degree desirable.
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Multi-discipline engineering experience
- Experience in both development and engineering production support
- Experience in radar receiver/exciter design Experience with testing and troubleshooting RF and Microwave component/subsystem such as up-converters, down converters, power amplifiers, waveform generators, RF modulators, and limiters
Job Type: Full-time
- (desired) radar receiver/exciter design: 4 years (Preferred)
- RF and Microwave component/subsystem design: 4 years (Required)
- design, test & troubleshoot of digital mixed signal circuits: 4 years (Required)
- (desired) Active DoD Security Clearance (Preferred)
- Are you a US Citizen as required for this role to obtain a necessary DoD Security Clearance?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Temporarily due to COVID-19