WiderCircle’s Mission is to solve the senior loneliness epidemic that is driving upcost of care by undermining physical and mental health and care effectiveness. Loneliness affects nearly half ofolder Americans; a number that is set to grow by 40% to 35 Million when allBaby Boomers have retired. It causes depression and non-adherence and is worseto health than smoking 12 cigarettes a day. By eroding people’s engagement withtheir life and, as a result their health,loneliness undermines care management effectiveness and reduces health planprofitability.
Wider Circle’s solution is the Connect forLife Program. Wider Circle forms and manages neighborhood groups of seniorsthat meet regularly with support from our facilitators to improve health. Wemesh social epidemiology research and a proprietary technology platform tosolve loneliness and to create around each member a Wider Circle of friendsthat provide lasting support.
The Marketing Communications Department leads the team of marketingprinciples and discipline to the strategic marketingand brand objectives for Wider Circle. The Marketing VP leads the developmentof plans and programs to create awareness and demand for designated servicesamong strategically identified target audiences. This position is the primaryinterface with internal client departments (service lines, etc.) and plans,organizes and leads the work of individuals and across departments within thenetwork to deliver on the marketing plan.
- Leads development of actionable marketing plans that include objectives, target audience definition, strategies, tactical/execution plans, key messages, budgets and measurement targets for designated services among strategically identified target audiences.
- Oversees and holds ultimate accountability for the execution of marketing plans through internal departments including the production and/or delivery of tactics that can include brochures, collateral, advertising, events, digital marketing including, social media and web content, PR, support materials, training and tools for outreach team, etc.
When applicable, responsible for effective and efficient management of external agencies/vendors to accomplish this work. Holds accountability for monitoring and measuring successful outcomes.
- Conducts market research and analysis; resourcefully gathers the necessary data on markets, market segments, customer needs/beliefs/attitudes/mindsets/decision-making process, and competitive alternatives through a variety of sources; identifies need for primary and secondary research and manages acquisition of intelligence.
- Provides and implements recommendations that support Wider Circle goals and priorities through collaboration.
- Monitors the competitive landscape, providing regular updates and strategic analysis to key leadership; implements modifications to plans to minimize impact of competitive activity.
Education and Experience Required:
- A keen planner, strategist and implementer with proven success in managing a marketing team
- Demonstrated abilities in relating to people across all levels and motivating them towards the achievement of their organizational as well as personal objectives
- Experience working in multiple high growth startups with a proven ability to effectively manage marketing projects, simultaneously with stringent timelines
- Global mindset
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in marketing orbusiness operations
- Preferred education: PostGraduate qualification in Business Marketing
- Experience in a global role
- 6-8 year’s experience in a Sr.Marketing level
- Excellent written andcommunication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong functional acumen
- Private and public companyexperience
- Excellent planning skills,ability to effectively manage priorities for self and team to meet businessrequirements and deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment
- Leadership skills, ability todrive and motivate team to achieve results, ability to influence and inspireaction