Overview of the Position
Snip-its Haircuts for Kids is a unique family-friendly salon that combines specially trained stylists specializing in children’s hair care in a unique and entertaining environment. The concept behind Snip-its is simple. Our daily purpose is to provide top-quality haircuts in a safe, clean, and friendly environment – 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Children should leave Snip-its not only looking great, but also feeling great about themselves. Parents should leave Snip-its glowing with pride at how wonderful their child looks and at how positive their Snip-its experience was.
Snip-its Stylists must have a unique combination of skills and talents. First of all, they must be licensed cosmetologists with a special interest in children. Second, they must be committed to quality and excellence and “deliver magic” to each Snip-its customer. Third, they must be reliable, friendly, and trustworthy. Snip-its Stylists are nothing short of amazing!
In performing the duties of Hair Stylist at a Snip-its salon, the Manager must undertake responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership and ensure that strategic and performance goals are achieved
- Manage employees at this specific location
- Perform and ensure that all haircuts are technically accurate .
- Interact with customers in a positive and friendly way that generates customer loyalty.
- Offer age-appropriate Snip-its Play Station games and stories to all customers.
- Offer distractions, where appropriate, to ease children through a haircut.
- Perform all services in a timely manner, maintaining a productivity quota of three cuts per hour.
- Educate customers on hair care and grooming habits, encouraging them to maintain their hairstyles at home using Snip-its products.
- Assist customers in retail selection and purchases.
- Up-sell Snip-its services, such as birthday parties, add-on’s, spa-style treats, etc.
- Promote marketing initiatives, as directed by the franchisee and/or salon manager.
- Handle customer inquiries, comments, and complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain cleanliness and overall order of the cutting stations and salon.
- Maintain sanitation practices in accordance with State Board Guidelines and Snip-its Standards.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in all communication with other employees, customers, and franchisees.
- Participate in New Stylist Training and Continuing Education Training Modules, as
recommended by the franchisee and/or salon manager.
- Participate in promotional / charity events and grass roots marketing initiatives, as directed by the franchisee and/or salon manager.
- Arrive at work 15 minutes before scheduled start time to be set up and ready to take customers at the appointed time.
- Assist franchisee and/or salon manager in maintaining supply levels for all cutting station items.
Skills and Additional Requirements
A Snip-its stylist must possess a current cosmetology license that is kept on the premises at all times the Stylist is working. In addition, he or she must have excellent communication and customer service skills, be outgoing and friendly, and reliable. He or she must portray a professional image (dress code), appearance, positive attitude, and team spirit. It is very important that Snip-its Stylists have good listening
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- Hair Styling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Barbering License (Preferred)
- Cosmetology License (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place