HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED and Food Handler's Card Required
Licenses and Certifications
Food Service\Food Handlers Card - Food Handlers Card Food Handler's Card Required
The DIET REPRESENTATIVE provides nutrition care services to hospital patients including menu preparation, printing and correction. They maintain an electronic patient nutrition record in Food Service system applications software; prepares food production tallies and reports; perform telephonic patient interviews for menu selection. They must have the ability to work effectively in a high volume, customer service oriented environment.
- Demonstrates complete understanding and application of Food Service system applications software Diet Office management systems. Accurately and timely generation of reports and processes.
- Processes and implements diet orders according to protocols. Maintains electronic patient nutrition record and updates with patient’s food preferences, allergies and individualized needs.
- Corrects menus for patients receiving therapeutic diets to ensure nutrition adequacy and accuracy.
- Coordinates communication between the kitchen production team and the patient tray delivery staff.
- Sets up and processes tube feeding, nourishments and snacks. Prints patient labels for assembly.
- Assist patient tray service team when needed
- Utilizing the AIDET protocols, obtains patients menu selections within established time frames using computer application. Demonstrates patient focused customer service standards. Demonstrates understanding of nutrition and discusses appropriate menu selection options with patients to meet therapeutic diet requirements.