- Time Management
- Financial Acumen
At Schneiders Saddlery, we believe some of life’s best moments and memories are created - anywhere there are horses -- at a barn, in the ring, or on a trail.
For 70 years, our team has satisfied millions of customers worldwide by providing the largest and most up-to-date selection of quality products for the equestrian lifestyle.
Today, we are a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial family business with a high-performing, data-driven team. We hold ourselves accountable to our numbers, our people, and our community.
Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in motivating and inspiring their team to achieve store productivity goals. They help the Store Manager to analyze week to date, period to date, and year to date sales, and develop action plans to drive top line sales. Other responsibilities include; managing payroll budgets to ensure store’s contribution is on target, ensuring the individual and collective skills of the team are utilized effectively, and both the staff and customer experience is positive. Assists Store Manager in recruiting and hiring appropriately to ensure store is fully staffed at all times. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance.
Passionate about horses or the outdoors? You’ll fit right in.
- Work with an 80-person (and growing) team that excels in a customer-focused, collaborative, agile environment.
- Schneiders has the heart of a family-owned business with the resources of a larger organization and none of the red tape.
- Located in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, 35 minutes southeast of Cleveland. With an average commute time of 24 minutes, Cleveland is home to a world-class art museum, the country’s second largest theater district, and a thriving food scene.
- Get outside. You’ll be 20 miles from the most visited national park in the U.S.
- Fuel your love of riding with a generous employee discount on everything we sell.
- Competitive pay and benefits, plus incentive-based compensation. We believe in setting aggressive, measurable goals, working hard, and rewarding success.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the customer by greeting and assisting; as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs
- Demonstrates desired behaviors for staff including driving sales, handling difficult and/or complicated sales, cash management, inventory, and follow-up with customers
- Assists Store Manager with providing a strong leadership presence and control in store, while ensuring that all customers receive good service and quality merchandise
- Utilizes company tools to diagnose opportunities and develops action plans to improve performance
- Forecasts/reforecast business, focusing on productivity to meet sales goals
- Identifies opportunities to drive traffic into the store through community events (weddings, parties, etc.)
- Regularly communicates with Store Manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business
- Assists Store Manager in partnering with corporate office personnel to increase sales, drive/promote merchandise categories, and expand markets
- Helps Store Manager in identifying training needs and providing ongoing training opportunities to the team as needed
- Leverages individual staff strengths, and creates developmental plans to prepare all level positions for future growth within the organization
- Assists in hiring to the needs of the business, actively recruiting to ensure open positions are filled quickly
- Ensures company standards are met for store and associate appearance at all times
- Prioritizes, plans, and adjusts schedules as necessary to maximize sales
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all Merchandise Calendar direction, campaigns, and sales promotions in a timely manner
- Receives regular vendor deliveries and stocks sales floor in a timely manner
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships
- Ability to influence at all levels, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Influencing and Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Job Type: Full-time