Tired of running calls on an Ambulance?
Have excellent EMT & People Skills?
Want to be a part of an awesome team & community?
We provide Training!
Take your EMT Career to the next level.
Joffe Emergency Services is the RIGHT ANSWER for you!
School Campus currently seeking a full-time certified EMT to oversee the health and safety of students in Junior Kindergarten to 8th grade. This position also works in conjunction with the school counselor and faculty in enhancing wellness programs for the school community.
The ideal candidate SHOULD possess prior experience working with children, values community relations and outreach and is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Respond to and manage all injuries and illnesses of students on campus and determine if further care is needed
- Oversee the special and routine medical needs of students; safeguard medication supply and accounting for students that require medication on a regular basis, if requested by the student’s parents; notify parents of low medication supply for prescription refills
- Maintain and monitor the School’s emergency information database for students including health records and immunization records
- Manage record-keeping and compliance with immunizations and physical exams
- Manage record-keeping and compliance with the rules of OSHA
- Participate as a member of the Emergency Preparedness Team, attend emergency
preparedness coordination meeting as needed
- Notify parents of immunization requirements and necessary paperwork
- Complete student and employee accident reports; act as a workers comp interface as needed
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance, manage Safety Committee and serve as primary liaison with outside safety consultant
- Serve as leader and first aid team member during an emergency
- Plan and conduct regular emergency drills with assistance of the Director of Finance
- Maintain emergency preparedness manual, classroom emergency backpacks, emergency and first aid supplies and food
- Provide accurate and consistent communication with families, administrators and colleagues regarding student medical concerns or issues
- Work in conjunction with the school counselor regarding emotions, mental and social issues and proper assessment of students with physical injuries
- Possession of a current EMT license and current CPR/AED & First Aid and/or BLS certification or higher level of medical training
- Preferred experience working with children with language-based learning differences preferred
- Ability to communicate rapidly and effectively with all constituents in a school environment
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Google Drive
- Collaborative, team player, confident in front of large groups and public speaking
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- CPR / BLS (Required)
- EMT (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible