REPORTS TO: Unit Director
Salary: $24,000-27,000 (based on experience) plus benefits
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within the Club setting, such as Gamesroom, Sports Science, Front and Back Gym and Organized Sports. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise programs and program staff.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Club programs and activities that support Youth Development outcomes and Prepare Youth for Success
- Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/ activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish and maintain Club program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Maintain Organized sports program goals which include, but are not limited to, promoting each sport; planning practices/games; establishing teams; maintaining parent and coach contact and communication; overseeing games and practices; and scheduling umpires/referees as needed
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation including grant management requirements.
- Control Club program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participating figures, notable achievements and any problems/ issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers
- Conduct and participate in regular staff meetings.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases.
- May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year and Awards Programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- May be required to drive Club van periodically and pick up city workers.
- May consult with parents concerning member and branch issues.
- May handle deposits and banking transactions.
- May help with food preparation and serving to members.
- May help coordinate volunteers.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/ provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/ instructions; instruct, and advise/ counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and other to assist in resolving problems.
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five year work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Valid Driver’s License, preferably TN license issue.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certification.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able to move equipment and materials short distances in the range of 50-75ft and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to handle grounds keeping equipment: mowers, trimmers and other mechanical devices to maintain grounds.
- Must be able to handle being in a hot, dusty environment and cold/wet environment.
- Must be able to move freely and can be walking, sitting, or standing at any given point during the day. Job duties include operation of computers and office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24,000.00 to $27,000.00 /year
- Boys & Girls Club: 5 years