The SHARE Administrative Services Supervisor is responsible for proactive leadership in coordinating SHARE security and administrative module and troubleshooting. These responsibilities require working collaboratively and constantly conferring with other SHARE Managers in the administration of the automation program. Proffers advice, offers demonstrations, and provides information on best practices in delivering integrated library services.
E*ssential Duties & Responsibilities: *
· Supervise SHARE Administrative Services.
· Provide support to the departmental goals, objectives, and procedures
· Hire, train, supervise and evaluate SHARE Administrative Services staff and interns.
· Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of all aspects of the applications and operating software provided by the SHARE vendor.
· Identify, plan and coordinate training related to circulation and public services for
· Work with the ILS vendor and others to restore service when the ILS is down.
· Compiles and distributes specialized reports for SHARE member libraries.
Perform daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on SHARE database.
· Develop additional broad-based training on new library technology trends and innovative uses of library automation products
·Market SHARE and its benefits to potential members; provide cost and other information to libraries interested in joining the SHARE consortium.
· Identify problems and solutions in the software as well as policy issues across the modules of the SHARE integrated library software.
Supervised by: SHARE Director
S*upervises: *Administrative Service Specialist, Reporting Service Specialist and Tech Support
Min*i*mum Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required. Business, computer science or a related field, preferred
· Five (5) years of experience working with library automation programs required
· MLIS and 3 years of library administrative experience highly preferred.
· Demonstrated customer service experience
Licenses or Certifications Required: Valid driver’s license or ability to travel.
K*nowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: *
· Extensive experience in customer service, particularly in troubleshooting software.
· Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, and teaching and instruction, and evaluation of individuals and groups
· Extensive knowledge of integrated library systems
· Broad knowledge of trends in library philosophy and library databases
· Good knowledge of consensus building and group decision making
· Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
· Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Good oral and written communications skills
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, government representatives, and member libraries.
· Ability to be timely in responding to requests.
· Ability to be flexible, to use time wisely and to perform duties in a professional manner.
· Willingness to help others accomplish their objectives.
· Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude towards co-workers, member libraries and job duties.
· Ability to travel as required.
Work is usually performed in an office environment. Some evening and weekend work will be required, with occasional overnight travel. This position will be on call.
This position allows for occasional and regular telecommuting.
· Primarily sedentary work, but also requires standing, walking, stooping or crouching, kneeling, crawling, reaching, pushing, grasping, lifting, feeling, hearing and talking.
· Requires the ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less with the ability to adjust the eye to bring objects into sharp focus, clarity of vision at 20 or more feet, and the ability to distinguish colors.
· Must be able to concentrate on detailed information over an extended period of time.
· Ability to use a computer.
This job description is not intended to imply that the duties identified above are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees may be required to perform other job duties as requested, subject to applicable state and federal laws. This job description or certain job functions described herein may be subject to modification in accordance with applicable
state and federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- library automation: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture