- Have oversight of clinical activities, including patient assessments, individualized care plan development, care coordination, service level determination, and the implementation/coordination/maintenance/evaluation of care plans to promote, maintain and restore the patient’s health.
- Provide oversight for appropriate and compliant clinical episodic reimbursement.
- Participate in the recruitment, interviewing, selection, and orientation of team members.
- Evaluate their performance relative to job goals/requirements; coach staff and recommends in-service education programs and ensure adherence to internal policies/standards.
- Collaborate with the Intake Supervisor on the assignment of clinical employees to assure the delivery of competent, quality patient care.
- Promote quality and participate in care coordination to ensure proper communication between caregivers, patients, referral sources and payers.
- Discuss operational issues, update staff on new/changed regulations and review records/documentation to ensure regulatory and in-house compliance.
- Have oversight of clinical integrity of appropriate documentation, quality of care provided, visits utilization, appropriate contacts with physicians, adherence to the care plan, and evidence of care coordination between disciplines.
- Provide oversight of delegation of the assessment and reassessment of patients, including updating of care plans and interpreting patient needs, while adhering to Company, physician, and/or health facility procedures/policies.
- Provide oversight of communication between team members/attending physicians/caregivers to ensure the appropriateness of care and outcome planning and ensures compliance through review of documentation and care coordination activities.
- Lead in performance improvement activities maintains ongoing clinical knowledge through internal/external training programs, provide an interpretation of knowledge and direction to staff.
- Be responsible for continual survey readiness.
- Current Registered Nurse
- Minimum of two years’ clinical home care experience
- Knowledge of state and federal home health agency regulations/Conditions of Participation and Compliance standards and regulations
- Proven track record of clinical management, education, and management of healthcare staff
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills
- Knowledge of clinical policies and procedures and the ability to implement
- Good organization, communication, human relations skills and reliable transportation
- Must possess the ability to lead and manage clinicians and office staff for successful patient outcomes and clinical and branch performance
- Home Health: 2 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Home Health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse: 3 years (Preferred)
- BLS, ACLS (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)