We are an award-winning commercial general contractor based in Minneapolis. We specialize in multi-family, mixed use and hospitality projects. We have established ourselves as the go-to-firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we are most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are looking for a few people who embody our values of fairness, integrity and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work and value building and maintaining relationships every step along the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day, providing our employees with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally. The Company is committed to excellence and is looking for people who will contribute to the company’s growth.
We are looking for Summer Interns to begin in mid-late May 2020. You will assist the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent with daily reports, daily safety walks, and weekly schedule updates.
What you’ll do:
The successful candidates are passionate about construction, detail orientated, curious, team focused, fun, hard-working, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done right. You will gain knowledge and experience while assisting with estimating, buyouts, submittals, and change management and will have frequent interaction with the owner/client, consultants and subcontractors. The level of involvement depends on specific project needs, Superintendent needs, and your individual abilities. This is a great opportunity to see and make a positive impact on all aspects of one or more projects at any one time. You will assist the Superintendent and job site with the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day management of overall project operations, people, and process
- Ensure timely, quality, and cost-effective completion of commercial projects
- Vigilant cost containment, risk management, and ensuring the safety of all on-site; ensure full compliance with all applicable safety regulations, including OSHA regulations
- Interface effectively with staff, contractors, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Complete and oversee maintenance of all daily work documentation and other paperwork required, submitting all as required on a timely basis
- Ensure adherence to the schedule, expediting subcontractors and suppliers as required
- Supervise on-site construction activities in conjunction with the project Superintendent
- Develop schedules and coordinate trades.
Want to get your resume to the top? Take a look at our requirements:
The Next Step:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year Construction Program
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, etc.) as well as an understanding of industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on project activities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, and owners in an articulate, pleasant, courteous, and business-like manner at all times providing the best possible representation of Reuter Walton
- Must be a self-starter with a proactive approach who can adapt easily to a fast-paced environment
- Must have a positive attitude and strong desire to learn
- Ability to effectively present information and provide a verbal and/or written response
- Ability to read, write, spell, speak, and understand English to effectively write reports and business correspondence and can perform math calculations including algebra and geometry
- Must have access to reliable transportation
As a part of the application process, we ask that you submit the following:
- Salary Requirements
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, we will do our best to be in touch within 3 business days. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Qualified candidates who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and criminal background check.
We are not accepting resumes from 3rd party recruiters at this time.