This position is located in the Office of Paid Family Leave (OPFL). The mission of the Office of Paid Family Leave is to plan, develop, and administer a paid leave program for the District of Columbia under the provisions of the Universal Paid Leave Amendment Act of 2016 (“Paid Leave Act”). The Paid Leave Act provides up to eight weeks of parental leave to bond with a new child, six weeks of family leave to care for an ill family member with a serious health condition, and two weeks of medical leave to care for one’s own serious health condition. On July 1, 2019, the District will begin the collection of taxes from employers and on July 1, 2020, the District will begin administering paid leave benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems).
- Guide the project team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values and institutionalize Agile Software Development Lifecycle. Facilitate Scrum Ceremonies and remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business functions and processes.
- Document, review and update business and functional requirements based on client's feedback.
- Serve as a business liaison between client and project/vendor teams.
- Have primary responsibility for deliverables, such as business and functional requirements documents, test plan, test cases, and test scripts.
- Responsible for major portions of QA management of the project (coordinating project team test plan development, test case evaluation, results analysis, coordination of resources and environments).
- Schedule and participate in or facilitate and lead meetings as necessary (e.g., requirements definition sessions, design reviews, issue resolution, status meetings, etc.).
- Assist project manager in developing work plans, including scope, milestones, schedule, resources and deliverables.
- Assist in the development of status reports regarding project team progress.
- Provide Quality Assurance review during the design, development and testing processes.
- Participate in and lead system testing efforts.
- Determine test environment and test data requirements, often in collaboration with integrated systems’ owners.
- Must be able to communicate with leads regarding project readiness, status and potential risks.
- Document, quantify, and elevate risks as appropriate. Provide statistical reporting and analysis as necessary.
- Assimilates information quickly, communicates complex requirements and issues clearly and concisely.
- Able to analyze root cause of a problem and demonstrate good sense when handing the problem over to development.
- Tracks and coordinates defect resolution and retesting, quantifying and mitigating risk accordingly.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 6+ years of deep experience in IT business analysis with Quality Analysis and UAT experience.
- Knowledge of Software testing processes and automated tools, with an ability to apply software testing methods and techniques for custom or COTS implementations.
- Experience in Agile methodology such as Scrum, Kanban or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) process.
- Strong analysis skills, ability to evaluate customer requirements, and modify existing solutions.
- Experience and familiarity with creating test plans and test scripts/cases.
- Ability to independently execute / document test scripts.
- Experience effectively identifying requirements for web-based, COTS, and ERP applications.
- Ability to define and create test data.
- Experience with Structured Query language (SQL).
- Experience with automated testing tools (Selenium) a plus.
- Experience developing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing, while also articulating and translating technical language to non-technical customers.
- Ability to multitask across different projects.
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks with limited management.
- Ability to work within vendor teams in a collaborative environment and towards a common goal.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $72,457.00 to $92,689.00 /year
- IT and Business Analyst: 2 years (Required)