Mediassociates is a leading independent media planning, buying and analytics agency located in Fairfield County, CT. We are dedicated to proactively guiding clients through the ongoing revolution in media and technology to achieve better business results. Our growth has been built on having a transparent data lens that measures the impact of advertising on our clients’ business.
We are seeking a new leader for our Digital Media team who will play an important role in our future growth plans. The position will report directly to the President of Mediassociates.
The ideal candidate is an experienced digital media leader with deep knowledge of digital channels including mobile, social, search, and programmatic. This person will help move the organization and its clients forward by owning the digital vision for our agency and working on the design and development of new digital media capabilities and service offerings, media tactics, and related technologies, vendors and solutions. This person will be a digital expert who works closely with our strategic account planning teams and directly with our clients.
Advanced communication and presentation skills, analytical thinking, personal organization, the ability to inspire a team, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit are essential. This position will be an advisor and partner to clients of all levels and will strive to make an impact on our clients’ business. We want a positive, restless champion for our digital media services.
- Guide the continuing evolution and communication of our digital media vision
- As part of the Executive Committee, partner with agency leadership on the broader company vision, priorities, and objectives
- Contribute to client management as the head of digital, leading a team of digital media professionals in the strategy, planning, buying, operations, and analysis of digital media solutions
- Lead digital innovation for the company and own key partner and vendor relationships to support it. Guide the evaluation and recommendation of digital services, emerging trends, and technologies
- Drive digital thinking and innovation across the agency, championing the value that digital media can bring to the growth of our clients
- Guide the ongoing growth and evolution of the company’s mobile, social, and programmatic capabilities
- Work closely with our offline channels to insure fully integrated and optimized media solutions that “connect the dots” between offline and online channels
- Hands-on leadership able to bridge strategy and execution through a deep knowledge of “how” digital media works. Familiarity with the underlying platforms and technology that support digital media services and the latest digital measurement tools and techniques
- Oversee our digital Ad Ops capability working closely with the Ad Ops leader and team
- Reinforce the agency’s cultural guiding principles and embody high-standards. Act as a role model by being consistent, supportive, positive, and empathetic. Generate enthusiasm to deliver continued service improvements and advance our digital capability
- Participate in management initiatives (training, personnel, staffing, etc.). Attend relevant internal meetings, help facilitate process improvements and foster collaboration
- Contribute to agency marketing and business development
- Create thought-leadership/content pieces promoting Mediassociates as a leading digital media agency
The ideal candidate should have:
- A minimum of 12 years of strategic digital media experience
- Experience in digital media planning, buying and operations and the supporting technologies and platforms associated
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, able to be a positive and energizing force for our digital media services. Ability to create compelling written and presentation materials
- Knowledge and experience with media technology solutions/platforms (e.g. TradeDesk DSP, Lotame DMP, Tremor Video, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, G-Suite/GDN/YT, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of industry tools for online measurement. Understanding of online performance marketing and web-based metrics including online media and website analytics
- Ability to research media and marketing innovation trends and technologies and effectively sift through the many “bright shiny objects” and focus on meaningful solutions that can help the performance of our clients
- Understanding of data analytics and consumer insight development to support innovative solutions
- Financial rigor in estimating benefit to clients and agency vs. costs of investment
- Hard working professional who holds themselves and their team accountable for timely and high-quality work. Able to create a sense of urgency in delivering results for the company and our clients
- A positive and collaborative spirit. Maintain a sense of humor and balance. Display optimism and enthusiasm for the challenges at hand and foster a positive and respectful work culture
- Experience leading and motivating multiple teams across disciplines
- Actively seek input from others. Recognize, respect and address different opinions/approached
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree and/or certifications preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Digital Media: 10 years (Preferred)