- 5+ years’ experience leading the delivery of enterprise-level IT consulting projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and at least one Business Intelligent tool (Tableau, OBIEE, PowerBI, etc.),
- Ability to travel 10% to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
This role can be based in Herndon, VA or Ballston, VA
Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. These organizations need individuals with cloud skills to help transform their business. To meet the growing customer demand for AWS skilled individuals across the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are seeking an experienced customer facing project manager to lead complex customer enablement strategies. If you have excellent organizational and communication skills, a passion for working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and a desire to provide exceptional customer service, we’d like to speak with you!
Here's your chance to join our Training & Certification team working in the highly visible role of Customer Engagement Manager, AWS Training and Certification. In this role, you will work with some of our largest customers in the world to orchestrate large scale skill development programs these customers have invested in.
Your responsibility will be delighting customers with their investment, ensuring high quality delivery of our training services, looking around corners to identify new project opportunities and solve issues and concerns that will earn long lasting customer trust. ). You will utilize project management skills in this role to manage and communicate a customers’ global enablement programs, ensuring all stakeholders are working together to achieve customer desired outcomes. This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, strength in project managing high-impact customer programs and prioritization skills. These strengths will be important as you partner closely with AWS Trainers, Training Coordinators, Business Development Managers (BDMs), Sales Teams, Solutions Architecture, Partners and Professional Services team to deliver the best experience to these customers. This is a hands-on position that is perfect for a skilled customer facing project manager who enjoys developing, curating, and advising customers.
Responsibilities and Abilities include:
- Responsible for large technical skill development programs and projects across a Geography within a vertical (Financial, Government, Utility, etc.).
- Works closely with BDMs to assist them with all aspects of the sales cycle for new large deals, helping them on the value proposition and aggregating previous experience based on similar programs and projects for that vertical.
- Management of all aspects of the program delivery, leading training engagements to successful delivery of the program in terms of scope, billing, revenue generation, forecast accuracy, customer satisfaction and achievement of required business outcomes.
- Leadership at the customer site to guarantee a smooth and successful project implementation by managing all internal deliverables such as program plan, issues/risk and change management controls, as well as monthly status reports.
- Business-process design experience
- 2+ years’ experience working as a Scrum Master across multiple cross-functional teams
- Led teams and engagements utilizing agile approaches, value and principles as well as Scrum framework
- Active PMP or Scrum Project Management Certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to senior management.
- Ability to discern between material issues impacting deliverables
- ITIL certification is highly desirable
- Experience in relational databases and data query tools.
- Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over 500,000 budget
- Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 500 company.
- Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.